Doctor Strange | Trembling Hands

Not long after Stephen defeated Dormammu, he started to explain everything to you. How he mastered the martial and mystic arts and how he got better after the accident. He finally let you near him again, in fact, he even started to teach you the basics of martial arts, after seeing your quick progress he slowly started to bring in some of the mystic arts he learned from the Acient One.

Together you'd protect New York and do the weird and crazy stuff for a living.

It wasn't uncommon that you'd come home, the adrenaline still pumping through your blood, but slowly wearing off and you'd just sit on the bed or the couch together. Sometimes talking, sometimes meditating, sometimes watching tv.

Stephen would lay in your arms and suddenly his hands start to tremble. It was completely normal, after everything he went through it was almost nothing... but for him it was the worst. He often tried to hide it from you, but he couldn't always keep his magic up.

You could see how much it was upsetting him. He was sure he could've done better than the surgeon who treated him. He probably could indeed, but now he's gotta live with what he got.

He would just sit there and be simply... well, sad.

You always made sure he was comfortable, bringing him some tea or opening a portal, grabbing a coconut for him to drink.

Once his hands started to tremble you always took them into yours and kissed every singe scar. It was your way of showing him he was loved.

Most of the time he calmed down, leaned against you and fell asleep.
Unfortunately that didn't work always. He'd get anxiety attacks, but you led him through every single one. Telling him to breathe deeply, to calm down and that it was alright.

You knew he was thankful for that, although he didn't always show it.