04: Sins

I felt the blanket pulled out of my body as water was poured over me. My eyes flickered open in awake as a few guys hovered over me.

Still in my slumber, I felt my legs leaving my bed as my body was dragged away.

By the time my vision had become clear, I soon realised that I had become the center of attention as I was forced to kneel down on the grass.

In a tank top and shorts, might I add.

I shivered as a drop of teardrop landed on my arm.

It was drizzling. Great, I was going to get sick too.

I looked up to see Alpha George staring at my small frame with a look of disappointment.

My eyes flickered to the man whom I used to call dad as he didn't bother to throw me a glance.

He must have given up on me.

I closed my eyes and blinked them open, obviously hurt. Even if it was for once, I wish he would look at me and scold me.

At least, I knew he cared. Yet, his expression told me otherwise.

I clenched my fists, feeling my nails digging into my skin until I could feel blood trickling.

I ignored the pain, my eyes glanced down as my blood stained the grasses.

From the corner of my eyes, I noticed Lily rushing towards me with her mouth wide open.

"Hasley!" She called out. Before she could reach me, she was pulled back by a man who shared the same hair color as her.

I glanced up and felt my eyes met his confused ones.

Instantly, my wolf howled in happiness as soon as our eyes met.

I froze in disbelief. Is he my mate?

"Yea~ He sure is our mate." My wolf replied back in a singing voice.

I felt myself rolling my eyes internally at her fangirl actions.

"Omega Hasley Advill, do you know what crime you have committed?" Alpha George grilled me, placing my attention back to the situation at hand.

I heard a slight snicker as my eyes flickered over to my older sister who was gloating over my misery.

I ignored her disgusted smirks thrown in my way with no intentions to let her get the best of me.

My eyes landed back on the Alpha, a mask hiding all of my emotions in a split second.

"Other than breaking a bottle of wine two days ago, I believe I have done nothing wrong." I replied back in denial, no idea of what I have done wrong either.

"Really? Well, firstly for making Alpha Lance's dear sister cry, you have already committed your first crime. Secondly, for even going near her and speaking to her when you are just a lowly Omega, you deserve to be punished for your bold acts. What do you have to say now to save your ass?" He questioned fiercely, not bothering to spare me some dignity in front of my mate.

I felt naked in front of every pair of eyes staring harshly at me right now, probably judging at my pathetic state right now as well.

My fists tightened, my nails digging into my newly fresh wound.

A sickening wave of pleasure took over as I felt blood continued to drip, staining the grass along with the raindrops.

It was raining.

"Everyone return to the pack house immediately. As for you, Hasley, you will be dealt later." His voice boomed, holding authority.

I blinked my eyes a couple of times, sighing as I enjoyed the moment of being caught in the rain.

It felt as though the world stopped at this moment as everyone panicked, rushing into the pack house.

From the corner of my eyes, I noticed Hailee screaming as she rushed towards the pack house, probably afraid of her makeup being ruined.

It was my turn to snicker.

Left in the patch of grass was myself and another strong presence.

I knew it was him, gulping at the strong aura emitting from his huge figure.

Looking up, I noticed him gazing at me with an unreadable expression.

"Always dreamt of having a mate, I never thought I would be meeting her in this circumstance for the first time." He said before an awkward silence took over.

"And, I have never imagined myself meeting my mate in this state as well."  I whispered, slowly standing up, trying my best to hide my emotions.

I was back to my cold and distant self once again, blocking others out to keep myself safe.

It was my first line of defence.

My eyes travelled down to his drenched shirt as a frown replaced. "You should head in and change out before you get sick, Alpha."

His eyes flickered with hurt when I called him Alpha instead of calling him a nickname where most mates does when they meet theirs.

But, I can't bring myself to do that.

He must have noticed my distant voice as he nodded, turning around to leave.

As I stared at his figure walking towards the pack house, I felt pain as though someone had stabbed a knife in my heart.

X

Like | Comment | Share

13 May'18