1.12 Bitch in a Business World

"Have you found out who it was?" Lawrence' could voice rang out the office.

The employee shivered as he felt cold sweat run down his back, "Many witnessed and all the clues point out at Amanda Collins" He answered

Lawrence smashed the cup of coffee in his hand on the table. The liquid ran down his hand and some shards got stuck but he didn't care.

"Good. You can go now" Lawrence looked at the employee with cold eyes before looking back at his computer. He was furious. "I'll kill her" He stared at the photo of Amanda on his computer before smashing the screen.

*Ring, ring*

Lawrence looked at his phone with no intent to answer but when he saw that the caller was the doctor, he picked up.

[She's awake]

"Don't let anyone in" His voice was still as cold as before but this time it held a little bit of excitement. 

Lawrence hung up before putting on his suit and walking to his car. He quickly drove to the hospital and ran into Piper's ward.

Seeing Piper sitting up looking completely fine he was relieved. Piper noticed the door open so she looked towards the sound, "You're here"

Lawrence ran up to Piper and hugged her. Piper felt very painful but she let him hug her because she knew how worried he was, "I'm fine now" Piper patted his back and smiled.

"Don't do that" Lawrence stared at Piper's eyes firmly.

"It wasn't really my fault" Piper pouted. She just walked around at the mall before she was pushed out of nowhere. How could it be her fault?

"Still, don't go anywhere" 

"What? Should I just stay inside your pocket then?" Piper smirked before she saw that Lawrence was actually taking it seriously, "Just kidding, I won't go anywhere"

"Good" Lawrence sighed and sat on the chair next to the bed, "Lay down" He said. He wasn't happy that Piper sat up because she needed rest

Piper tried lying back but it hurt a lot, "Ah" She let out a small whimper

Lawrence walked up to her with worried eyes once again, "Did you hurt yourself? Does it hurt very much? Should I call the doctor?" Lawrence panicked. When he found out that Piper went to the hospital he almost got a heart attack. And when he saw her being rushed into the operation room he felt like he had lost his soul.

He never wanted to feel that way ever again.

"No need. I just have a few broken bones here and there" Piper waved her hand but that also hurt so she put it back down

Lawrence was even more determined to kill Amanda.

"I'm thirsty" Piper complained as she felt her sore throat.

"No." Lawrence knew that most patients couldn't eat or drink after surgery.

"Stingy" Piper clicked her tongue. She really hurt all over.

I'm so gonna kill that b*tch

The door opened and the doctor came in, "I need to be alone with the patient for a few minutes, sir." He looked at Lawrence wanting for him to leave

"Okay" Lawrence walked out since he knew that the doctor was very stingy and would not let him stay

"Miss. Green the surgery was a success but we can't say that you'll live for long. You were badly damaged and your brain took a big hit. It might be fine now but as time progresses you will start having symptoms, such as nausea, sight loss, paralysis in different body parts etc" The doctor carefully scanned Piper's face for any emotions but he was surprised that he didn't find anything