Chapter 26: Oppa's advice

As soon as you got home you changed into your sweatpants and released a sigh of relief as you got rid of all the uncomfortable clothing items you had had to wear for the interview. Your hair thrown up in a messy bun, you quietly trudged to Yoongi's room and knocked against the wooden door. "Yoongi? It's Y/N," you whisper-shouted, before carefully knocking again. No reaction. You nibbled on your lower lip, hesitant over how you should proceed next. It was crucial not to get on the rapper's bad side.    

You were about to leave when the door suddenly opened. The white-haired male looked at you with his typical sleepy eyes, his lips pressed in a thin line to express his boredom. "What is so important that you bother me in my work?"

You smiled tentatively, "I need your advice," you explained calmly, hoping for him to hear you out. Yoongi's gaze softened at your words and he nodded slowly, opening the door just a little more so you could enter his rather dimly lit room.

With a soft sigh, you let yourself plop down on his bed and looked around. Music equipment was all over the place and you could see that he must've been in the middle of writing a song when you had interrupted him. Yoongi took a chair from the corner, dragging it in front of you and sat down in it with a calm expression. Yoongi never seemed to be impacted by anything, he always remained serene and observant, a trait that you had always admired in the older member. "Sooo. Go ahead," he voiced, leaning forward a bit in expectation, brows risen in interest, "Tell your Oppa what problems worry your cute little head."

"Today, before the interview, when we entered the venue," Yoongi nodded slowly when you stopped, waiting for you to continue. You breathed in deeply, your fingers twitching, showing how hard it was for you to talk about what had happened. "A man from the crowd randomly grabbed me by my arm and tried to pull me with him. I-I was soo scared, the securities didn't notice, too much was happening a-and I couldn't get away, he was too strong. I really panicked," you continued slowly, a lump growing in your throat as you recounted the events that had occurred. Yoongi nodded again, his gaze now slightly worried, brows furrowed in concern, "So that's why you took so long," he sighed, rubbing his eyes tiredly, "We have to get more securities, it's going overboard." 

"I only got away because Jimin ran back and saved me," you added softly, eyes shining sadly as you thought of the man. Yoongi nodded again, waiting for you to come to the point.

"After the interview," you sighed softly, fiddling with your hands, "I went to thank him and he just acted like an ass," you muttered, your jaw clenched slightly. "Define: acted like an ass." Yoongi's eyes narrowed. "He just said that he would've done that for anyone and that I shouldn't think that I was special."

"A little rough. I understand what you mean. But he's just trying to keep a certain distance between you," Yoongi voiced calmly. You furrowed your brows. Why would he force himself to keep a distance with you?

Seeing your puzzled expression, Yoongi sighed and folded his hands together, "Knowing Jimin,"  he stopped hesitantly, weighing his words, "He doesn't want you to get back together. I mean, he was hesitant even at the beginning. Have you seen how long it took him to ask you out on a date? You had already been living with us for more than a month and he had been interested in you since the beginning. But still, he waited a long time, so he could be sure it would be worth it. And then you disappointed him. Now he knows that it was all a misunderstanding, but he was still hurt." The rapper waited for you to nod before he continued, "Why do you think that none of us has a girlfriend?"

You frowned, you had never seriously thought about that. The most obvious answer would be the contract, but it seemed too easy to be correct. All of the boys were very good looking and could find cute girlfriends in a heartbeat, so why would they prefer to stay alone?

„Do you really think we don't have any girlfriends because of the contract? It can only stop that much," he chuckled softly, eyes averting to the side as he thought of something. You remembered Namjoon's speech about their one night stands and laughed silently to yourself.

"As you might've noticed, this business is rough. We barely have any free time and we're often gone, traveling. It's hard to have a relationship when you can't be with the other person as much as you'd like. In the end, it only brings pain and our career suffers from our lack of concentration. So if we want to be with someone-" Yoongi looked up at you, "It must be someone very special, because anything else wouldn't be worth it."

"So in Jimin's eyes-" you gulped, gaze finding the rapper's, "I'm not worth it anymore?"

Yoongi's eyes were full of pity as he looked at you. "I believe that he still has feelings for you-" he spoke up, hesitant on what to say, "Scratch that. I know it."

"But he needs time. He won't want anything serious for the near future: This entire misunderstanding caused too much trouble and drama, to be forgotten that easily. And until then you have to be patient with him. He will probably act like a jerk and push you away, but there will come a point where he'll get past it."

"For now," Yoongi sighed and smiled softly, "Focus on your god damn debut. It has to be lit. Ban all this drama from your mind. Concentrate on your music. If the emotions get too strong-" he looked at you with a daring smile, "Don't cage them inside of you. Write a song. Dance. Sing. Do something to let it all out. Got it?" he reached his hand up for a high five.

"Got it." You smiled and high fived him. "Now," he laughed, showing off his gums in a heartwarming smile, "Leave your Oppa alone. He has a song to finish."

You grinned, nodding and left his room quietly. "Thank you," you whispered softly before you closed the door behind you.