Chapter 26: Out of the Frying Pan...

(Arulla POV)

I look around frantically when I notice Bilbo not among us

"Where is our hobbit!?" Gandalf screams.

"Curse the halfling! Now he's lost?!" Dwalin retorted

"I thought he was with Dori!" Gloin spoke up.

"Don't blame me!"

Gandalf turned and faced Dori "Well, where did you last see him?"

"I think I saw him slip away, when they first collared us." I turned my head to Nori, hoping he'd have more information.

Apparently Gandalf was thinking the same thing because when my focus was on Thorin I heard Gandalf ask, "What happened exactly? Tell me!"

I look at Thorin and he has a disappointed and frustrated look on his face,"I'll tell you what happened. Master Baggins saw his chance and he took it!" I shook my head in protest, "No that's not true!"

Thorin glared at me, "Is it? He was getting ready to leave in the cave not too long ago wasn't he? Or do I need remind you of what he said?" His gaze was cold and dark when he spoke to me. I shrunk back and leaned against the bark of a tree and Thorin continued, "He's thought of nothing but his soft bed and his warm hearth since first he stepped out of his door! We will not be seeing our Hobbit again. He is long gone."

I sigh in defeat knowing what Thorin spoke was true and I even if in the smallest amount wept for the hobbit. I would surely miss him. Then I hear a voice behind me,

"No. He isn't."

I jerk my head and I wipe my eyes quickly, "Bilbo!" I quickly ran up to him and hugged him tightly. Bilbo chuckled lightly at me holding him tight. He wrapped and arm around me and smiled in the embrace.

When I let go I turned around and saw Thorin's eyes glowering with frustration, anger, and somewhat gladness. He was standing by Dwalin and he looked as if he was in another world. I smile and him but Thorin ignores me and I move in front of him and then he smiles as I take his hand.

"Bilbo Baggins! I've never been so glad to see anyone in my life." Gandalf exclaimed in gladness.

"Bilbo! We'd given you up!" Kílí retorted. "How on Earth did you get past the goblins?" Fílí questioned.

I could see Thorin's eyes flicker with curiosity.

"How indeed." Dwalin whispered.

Bilbo smiled and then chuckled nervously as I see him reach into his pocket and insert something gold. I look over at Gandalf and he looks over at me with a worried glance.

"Well what does it matter. he's back" Gandalf said, trying to conclude the strange silence. Thorin tenses and releases my hand and takes a few steps forward.

"It matters! I want to know!" Thorin growled. Everyone's eyes were wide just waiting for Thorin to outburst once again, but he didn't, Thorin looked up sincerity in his eyes as he spoke in a much kinder voice, "Why did you come back?"

Bilbo smirked and looked deeply into Thorin's eyes,

"Look, I know you doubt me, I know you always have. And you're right, I often think of Bag End. I miss my books. And my armchair. And my garden. See, that's where I belong. That's home..." I was shocked at Bilbo's outburst and yet couldn't find myself to be more proud of him.

"...And that's why I came back, cause you don't have one. A home. It was taken from you. But I will help you take it back if I can."

I smiled in awe at Bilbo and his courage to speak like that and his confidence in trying to help the dwarves. I look over at Thorin and give his hand a tight squeeze. His gaze tears from Bilbo to me and he looks at me with happiness and love.

I smile and embrace him with a tight hug as I hear him chuckle deeply. I look up at him, my smile still placed on my face.

"I-"

I was interrupted by a loud howl and screeching voice. I cringe and push away from my father and quickly draw my bow in one swift move. I look around to make sure I wasn't just imagining things. I was hoping I was wrong, sadly that wasn't the case. I looked around at the other dwarves and I can see fear etched perfectly in their faces.

I look to Thorin and give him a small whimper.

"Out of the frying pan..." He begins as he looks around

"...And into the fire. Run." Gandalf finishes, "Run!"

I flinch but remain still. Fílí latched into my arm and drags me away my body still in shock but my bow still tightly clenched in my hands as I look back and exclaim in horror and the creatures approaching us.

----~~~~----

Happy Fourth of July my darlings! I hope you guys love it as much as I... The next chapter should not take as long as this one bit I got so busy and I'm terribly sorry, but I hope you have enjoyed this chapter and I shall see you in the next chapter. I'm sorry if it's too short but the next one should be longer I promise.

Now I'm going to go and finally sleep!!! Fireworks have blown out my ears! ;)

Namarië

-TC110