7. Cabin

-Jaden-

-Jaden-

So, my current score was two detentions, and a highly irritated Beta. Apparently, it was possible to give someone detention for a month as well. That was news to me. That damned Beta Ryder... I wanted to be a good boy for now, just to get my parents off my back...

Okay no, no I didn't. I was too much of a dickhead to be a good boy. Even the thought of it gave me shivers. Detention it was then.

"Something's not right..." Arch muttered.

Tilly inhaled sharply next to me and straightened her already pretty straight posture. My body went into overdrive, and I couldn't help it – there was no such thing as ignoring Arch's sixth sense. If he believed something was wrong, it meant shit was about to hit the fan in the next five minutes.

"What is it?" I asked, hoping this didn't mean I'd end up being dragged to see Beta Ryder for the third time today.

"Jack seems awfully cheerful," Arch said, and we all turned to look at the next Alpha of the Crack Thorns slouching over his desk at the other side of the classroom.

"Who cares?" I asked, but I couldn't relax, even though there was no way in hell Jack could be a threat to us.

But since Arch was suspicious... Ever since we were kids, he could sense danger in ways none of us could. Whenever little Arch started crying, the whole pack grabbed their weapons. That's how seriously we all took his words.

"He's up to something. I can feel it," Arch muttered angrily.

I sighed quietly. I was so going to get dragged to see Beta Ryder again.

"He does seem to have too much fun for a guy whose nose I broke this morning," Tilly spoke, peering closely at Jack. "Last time he threw a big hissy fit about it."

"Well, should we beat him up again or what?" I asked. They both turned to look at me like they thought I was seriously considering it. "Come on! The guy is a jerk, but what am I supposed to do with the information that he's smiling?"

"We'll need to be more careful around him," Arch said, pointing out the obvious.

"Yes, let's do that," I said, and turned to look at the teacher.

We were given an opportunity to work in groups today. Work on what, I had no idea. I wasn't even sure what class we were in. English? Whatever it was, it ended soon. After that, we had detention. With Beta Ryder watching us. I kept gritting my teeth together the entire time until we were finally able to go home.

Well, we decided to stay away from our territory for a while, so we weren't going home exactly. We had a small cabin in the wildest parts of the forest where no one could find us. There had to be at least a few members in our pack who knew where it was – my mom being one of them – but they respected our privacy. Meaning they were happy we weren't at home to cause trouble.