xxii. HE COULD BE HERS

TAMPONS!
( chapter twenty-two )

GATEN MATARAZZO woke up once again with a pounding headache. these past two weeks left him up all night, thinking about her.

this wasn't good, not at all, especially with how much filming and gigs he's been doing. plus, to add to it all, he had multiple overdue school assignments. while the tutors were lenient, his parents weren't exactly the same way.

sitting up in his bed, gaten pulled out his phone. he had multiple texts and notifications, but one caught his eye.

FINNLARD 🤙
dude, i found her instagram. i see why you like her now

FINNLARD 🤙
oh wait you're trying to get over her

FINNLARD 🤙
why am i so dumb sometimes im SO sorry

FINNLARD 🤙
also ik you scroll through your texts and look at that one picture of her so if you want to look at other pictures of her,,, @angelinapalazzza

gaten mentally eye rolled at finn's obliviousness, and sighed because he knew he was right. he always looked at their texts, sometimes silently laughing at them, but mostly silently crying at them.

in curiosity, gaten opens instagram and searches up her username. if gaten was really trying to get over her, he wouldn't do this, but thing is, he didn't want to get over her.

finally finding her account, gaten clicks on it. to his luck, it wasn't private. scrolling through her feed, he saw multiple pictures of many variations. some of people in costume, some aesthetic type ones, and some of just her.

gaten clicks on the first picture of her. it looks like it was taken a while ago, but nevertheless she was beautiful then.

gaten smiles to himself, then it falters. if he didn't mess everything up, he could enjoy this everyday. he could be hers.

ANGELINA PALAZA never had the best time with sleep. with all the pounding noises from play practice, to the yelling from her mother, her head was pounding. but most especially, it was because of him.

reaching for her phone, she sighs. she had almost no notifications, per usual. either way, she didn't care. she hated most of her school, and they hated her. it was a mutual agreement.

sitting up in her bed, she opens her spotify, pressing play on her playlist. the song warrior by AURORA begins and angelina smiles as she turns the volume up.

despite all the shit in her life, music was something that made angelina smile. whether it was a show tune from a musical, or some song on the radio, it always made her smile.

"i can't recall the last time i opened my eyes and saw the world as beautiful," angelina sings along softly, opening instagram. "and i built a cage to hide in, i'm hiding, i'm trying to battle the night."

as angelina scrolls through the explore page, she sees a picture that catches her eye. a picture of her.

gateniloveyou gaten hasn't liked a picture in weeks, but this is the first one

gateniloveyou gaten hasn't liked a picture in weeks, but this is the first one. idk who this girl is but she's super pretty and i like her already !!

tagged - gatenm123 angelinapalazzza

looking at the picture in shock, angelina scrolls to her recent notifications, and her eyes widen at the sight of so many. some hate, some love, and one sticks out in particular.

gatenm123 liked this photo!

___
KATIE SPEAKS!
hey bitches !!

i lowkey don't really like this chap but yk, ya girl needs some fillers

also the rest of this book will either be
- irl chaps
- insta chaps
- texts
- a mix of em all

so yeEt

also,,, keep commenting, you people are are hiLARIOUS

anyways, TYSM FOR 11K READS, 1K VOTES, AND ALL YOUR LOVE AND SUPPORT

im chamberlame for u all 😤