Chapter 12: Cold Deal, Warm Love

Your P.O.V.
You were at home. It was almost 5 pm as you started getting ready to go to the Green Sapphire. When you exited the building you looked down and saw the morning paper at the stand. You took a quick look before the bus arrived. It read 'Mr. Freeze at large'. You almost considered changing into your police attire but you'd be letting Barbara down. There was a very VERY small chance that Fries would be attacking you. You shrugged it off and got on the bus to head to Barbara's.

As you arrived you saw that the house was very quiet at this time of day. You walked up to the house and knocked on the door, expecting Jim. Instead Barbara answered the door. She was in a stunning black dress with her hair tied in a bun. You were speechless and almost lost in thought at the sight of her. She managed to pull you out in time before you got too deep in. She said "I take it you like it?" You quickly said "Like it? I love it." She giggled and pulled you in for a kiss. Like many of the kisses you have had with her it was passionate and felt like eternity. You said "Are you ready for dinner Babs?" She said "Of course I am. Question is are you?". You said "Oh I am ready." She led you to her car and she said "I'm driving." You nodded with a smile and got in.

Barbara's P.O.V.
As I pulled up to the Green Sapphire there were a lot of people there. I suggested that it was a night for people to get drunk but when I got inside I was wrong. (F/N) got out of the car and opened my door for me. (He is such a gentleman/She is so kind). As I got out I said "Thank you." (He/She) said "You are very welcome." (He/She) hooked (his/her) arm around mine as we walked up to the bouncer. I said "Reservation for Barbara and (F/N)." He said "I'm sorry but the bar is reserved from 5 to 6:30. I am sorry." (F/N) said "A bar is reserved. Who reserved it?" As he said that a voice behind us said "I did." Both of us turned around to see Carmine Falcone.

(F/N) said "Well, that explains it." Carmine said "Don't worry Detective. As far as I'm concerned you can join me." (F/N) said "Why?" Falcone quickly said "You have gotten around Detective. 9 major criminals locked up and Jerome Valeska, a serious pain in my ass for 4 years, dead. As far as I'm concerned you should be a lieutenant." (F/N) chuckled at the remark and said "If you're going to appoint me to become a lieutenant I prefer not." Carmine said "How bout we talk inside?" (F/N) nodded and I silently followed, expecting some sort of trap.

Your P.O.V.
As you entered you were wishing you brought your gun or your Jim Gordon speed dial. But when you got in there there were no guards, no bombs, nothing out of detail. The only thing different was the bartender who you figured was the real one. As you and Barbara sat down Carmine joined you. He said to you "I understand that you are becoming a big name in Gotham." You chuckled and said "I'm just doing my job, trying to help people." Carmine nodded and said "Well I'm glad you're here, I need your help." Barbara was unsure of all this but she played along. You said "Help with what?" Carmine pulled out a vial, he said "This is an experimental medicine that, if properly tested, can cure anyone of any disease." You seemed confused and then remembered that papers. You said "You think Freeze is coming after you?" Carmine looked surprised and said "You're as good as they say. Yes, I believe Victor Fries is after me. I want you to protect me and in return I will give you Joe Chill." You then had a bit of a flashback when Harvey told you that Chill murdered Thomas and Martha Wayne. You almost agreed but you wanted it on your terms. So you said "I will protect you," he smiled "but I will start tomorrow. Tonight we eat." His smiled remained and you all ordered your food.

Timeskip
After your meals you all were about to talk, but there was commotion outside. By commotion, I mean gunshots. You then heard the gunshots halt and you heard a slight fizzing. Carmine slowly got up and said "Freeze." After he said 'Freeze' the door froze solid and shattered, blowing back Falcone. In defense you sheilded Barbara from the debris of the door. You saw the bartender go for the shotgun on the rack behind him but Freeze froze his arm solid. You grabbed the vial and told Barbara to stay put. You went to Carmine and in front of Freeze. He said "(F/N) (L/N)! Why are you protecting a mob boss?" You said "If anything Falcone has retired. And if he hasn't I'll make him." Carmine gave you a death glare. "Listen Victor, I know why you're here." you said as you pulled out the vial. His eyes widened and he aimed his gun at you and said "Give. Me. The vial!" You decided to get the best outcome of this situation. You looked at Barbara and winked at her, you looked back at Freeze and said "I'll give you this vial, in return you find Chill and bring him to me. Deal?"

Freeze looked at you, then at Falcone. He said "Deal. Carmine knows where he is." You walked up to Freeze and gave him the vial, saying "He's all yours." You looked at Barbara and said "We had dinner, let's have dessert at my place." She walked up to you and said "Yes, let's. Anywhere where we won't get killed." You chuckled as you left Freeze and Falcone alone.

Freeze's P.O.V.
With the vial in my possession, I looked at Falcone and aimed my gun at him. I said "Where is Chill?" He smirked and said "Six feet under. He died around a month ago. His grave is right below us." I looked down and back at Falcone, my gun still aimed at him. I said "Start digging." He went behind the counter of the bar and grabbed the shovel in the back. He mumbled "I will get the damn Detective. I'll hire the best assassins to kill (him/her)." I didn't care about (L/N), just Nora. I said "Save it for later Carmine."

Your P.O.V.
As you both entered your apartment she said "Why did you give him the vial?" You said "He's just a man looking for a cure for his wife. If he gets it, no more Mr. Freeze. He'll just be Victor Fries." Barbara took this into account and pulled you down for a kiss. She said "You really do have a heart of gold rookie." You blushed at this and her arms slid up your chest as you pulled in for a slow French kiss. You opened the door behind you as you continued kissing. You both entered as Barbara jumped up and wrapped her legs around you as you held her up with one hand. You brought her up against the wall and kissed her neck causing her to moan with pleasure. She said "You do know how to turn a girl on (F/N)." and she took your shirt off and continued "How bout we do this in your room." You took off her shirt and said "Good idea babe." She continued kissing you and you moved in your room. As you closed the door you both got on the bed and continued your make out session into something a bit more than that. (Not sex, sorry.)

A/N: It took me a while but I managed. Get ready for an action packed chapter 13, cause there's gonna be blood. Anyway I hope you enjoyed this chapter and make sure you vote for the next story in my conversations. Have a good day/night. :)