Chapter twelve-"Stupid male mentalities" edited

Lionesse's pov

After practically being dragged away from the playful bickering between her and Tommy, Lionesse made her way to the living room, where she settled to continue reading her book.

Her peaceful reading however was disturbed when a tall, muscly guy bumped into Christina, as she was exiting the living room.

She wasn't paying attention, her eyes on the floor.

With a grunt, he pushed her with such force, she fell on the floor and hit her head.

"You move out of the way when a man passes, woman. Know your place" he growled.

Lionesse was shocked.

That was not what a pack was about, pack mates should never be treated like that.

This was seriously messed up and she had to do something about that.

Without sparing Christina a second glance, he was gone.

She walked over to the woman still sprawled on the floor, crying.

She helped her to a couch and inspected the cut on the side of her head,

"I'll be right back"

When she returned and was done dressing the wound she asked,

"Is that how you're always treated?" 

Christina lowered her eyes in shame and hand signed,

"It's nothing Luna-"

"It will never change, you know? If you do nothing about this it will never change. Is that what you want?"

Christina bit her lip, contemplating her words.

After a while, she signed,

"I am useless, worthless... I can't even fight. What kind of warrior am I. I deserve this"

"Why don't you learn how to fight then?" lio stated, raising an eye-brow.

"I doubt anyone will be willing to train someone like me. I can't do it"

"Did you ask someone? No, you just assumed and there is nothing impossible for those who try. I am willing if you want to of course. My pack is consisted mainly of women and i trust them blindly in any fight. How do you think we survived all these years"

"Your pack?" Christina asked, puzzled.

"Blood-lust"

"Blood-lust? But...you're not a savage..." Christina said shocked.

"Rumors created by idiots" Lionesse dismissed the comment.

"So...you can fight? You can train me?"

"I am willing to if you are serious enough, I don't want to waste my time for nothing"

Christina thought hard before a determined look settled in her eyes,

"Yes. I want to be strong. I want to not feel helpless...weak...I want to fight"

"We start tomorrow in my room. Be here at 10:00 pm sharp. Do NOT be late" Lionesse instructed.

She nodded, turning to leave, only to be stopped again by Lionesse,

"Christina, there must be a gym in this place, can you show me the way?"

Christina motioned for Lionesse to follow her.

When an hour or so later she felt satisfied enough, she took a shower and made her way downstairs intending to continue reading her book.

She was startled as the doctor came running from the infirmary, yanking the doors open.

Something bad happened and not even a minute later men came, carrying a pale, dead looking male whom lionesse recognized as Drake.

There was no time to take Drake to the infirmary, so the doctor ordered the men to lay him down on the couch.

The doctor examined him but didn't know what was wrong.

"I don't understand, there is nothing wrong. There are no wounds or blood. There is nothing. What happened to him"

"This looks like Cole back at Crystal Waters pack. The same symptoms" Sarah stated.

"You know what's wrong?" the doctor asked.

"Yes" Lionesse replied.

"Lionesse please if there is anyway you could help..." Tommy pleaded, holding her hand.

Lionesse stared at him for a long while, sighed and walked towards him.

"I need a knife"

She took the knife Dante offered and inspected his body to figure out where he was poisoned.

On his right side, she inspected, then turned him to his left and sliced open the wound.

Silver started dripping from the wound, but she had to suck the rest out.

Each time she sucked, silver would fill her mouth burning her, causing her not only to spit silver but also, blood.

After she was done, Tommy brought her a cup of freezing water to clean her mouth and when she did, Lionesse ordered Dante to bring her gauze and cool water.

She cleaned his wound and wrapped the gauze around it.

"He'll be fine, but he needs rest and he'll feel a little weak for a few days"

Tommy thanked her and helped her back to her bedroom, where she immediately fell asleep from exhaustion.

------------------------------------------------