Chapter 1

Jennie Kim stepped out of the car and took in the view of her home. It has been 4 years since she's been in Korea.

She has to admit though, it does feel good to be back in her hometown.

Taking a deep breath, she thanked the taxi driver before entering the empty house.

Jennie's parents were still in New Zealand and had her come back a few weeks early to deal with the company.

She took her stuff up the stairs and into her room. Looking around, she saw that it was exactly like how she had left it.

Unpacking her stuff, she went to order some food before hitting the shower.

Being back her had brought back many memories that she had tried to bury long ago. But unlike before, she was no longer mending from a broken heart.

She has moved on, and no longer had those lingering feelings. Taking a deep breath, she shut down the shower and threw on her robe.

Just as she stepped out, the doorbell rang. She grabbed her wallet and went to open the door.

After thanking the delivery guy, she brought the box of pizza up to her room.

Checking the time, she realized that it was already 12:30 am.

Heaving a long sigh she quickly finished up and went to wash up.

Tomorrow was her first day as the acting CEO of the company and her first task was to convince DREAM Enterprises, which was the biggest corporate in Korea to sign a contract with her company, Kim Corporations.

She knew that she had to be at her best and get this contract signed, knowing that it would bring great benefit to her family's company.

And by doing that, she couldn't afford to be late. Her parents had spent months preparing for this meeting, and she was not gonna let them down.

With that thought, she turned off the lights and headed off to bed.

•••

When Jennie first set her foot inside the company, she was greeted by the smiling face of a girl.

Secretary: Hello Miss Kim, my name is Nayeon, and I will be your secretary.

Jennie gave the girl a smile before offering her hand.

Jennie: My name is Jennie, it's nice to meet Nayeon-shi.

The latter shyly shook Jennie's hand before replying.

Nayeon: Nayeon is fine Miss Kim.

Jennie smiled.

Jennie: Alright then Nayeon. Walk me through my schedule today.

Nayeon: Ok. So right now all you have on your plate is the planned meeting with the CEO of Dream Enterprises. And after that there is some paperwork that you need to approve of. But besides that there's nothing else that is urgent.

Jennie nodded.

Jennie: The other CEO, do you know of her name?

Nayeon shook her head.

Nayeon: I'm sorry, but I don't. All I know is that her surname is also Kim.

Jennie: Alright then. Thank you Nayeon.

Nayeon: There is no need to thank me Miss Kim.

They approached the meeting room.

Nayeon: You'll be having your meeting here. Dream should be arriving in about 5 minutes, so I should take my leave to escort them here.