~49~

Loud footsteps could be heard as the remaining boys made their way towards the emergency room. They received a message from Seungcheol in their chatroom, telling them to come at the hospital Jisoo was once in.

He didn't explain why they should come, but it must me something important for he sent the message around four thirty in the morning.

"Hyung!" Seungkwan called as the boys turn a corner. There they saw their eldest hyung who was pacing back and forth in front of the emergency room.

"Seungcheol hyung.." Chan trailed off after noticing the visible bags under his eyes. Seungcheol diverted his attention towards his friends and smiled apologetically.

"Hey," He greeted softly before he sat down on one of the hospital chairs.

"What happened, hyung?" Minghao asked nervously. "And where's Jeonghan hyung?"

Seungcheol took a quick glance before speaking.

"He got into an accident and the operation is still ongoing."

A few of them gasped after hearing his answer and their sleepiness drifted away one by one.

"M-Mwo?" Chan stuttered.

"I was about to drift into sleep last night when I heard the doorbell ring continuously. I was surprised to see Jeonghan standing there," He started.

"He told me that he remembered a part of his past, and it was the scene where he saved Jisoo from getting hit by a car. It was a very unfortunate moment because it resulted in him being hit instead. The impact was too strong so he was in a critical state back then. He was comatosed and we were only ten that time."

The boys listened carefully. None of them knew what happened for Jeonghan, Seungcheol, and even Jisoo hadn't open up the topic. Even Wonwoo wasn't aware of it.

They wanted to ask questions but decided to keep their mouths shut and listen.

"That's only half of the story. Jeonghan gained his consciousness after two months. We were engulfed with joy, but that kind of atmosphere vanished when he asked me who Jisoo was. It was revealed that he has amnesia. The only people he remembered were his parents and strangely, he also remembered me. To make the situation worse, Jisoo was going to head back to LA the next day."

Their eyes widened when he suddenly sobbed.

Seungcheol was usually the one comforting them and he rarely shows this side to his friends. The last time they saw him like this was when he and Jihoon broke up.

"Jeonghan asked me why I didn't tell him. I didn't answer and stood there quietly because the guilt I felt was eating me again. We had a fight last night and I ended up blurting that I didn't tell him because I didn't want him to remember Jisoo. I was so jealous of him during our childhood days and I developed feelings for Jeonghan two years after the incident happened. But that was all in the past. I wanted to tell him the truth, but fear took the best of me. It had been like that until Jisoo came back after seven years. He went out and later on someone called me using his phone saying he was hit by a car. Again."

He finished and kept his head down, too embarrassed to look at the boys who witnessed his weak side. He feels that he is at fault why Jisoo and Jeonghan's bond broke.

Jeonghan's right. He knew about their situation but his act was too selfish.

Heaving a sigh, Wonwoo went up to him and sat by his side. He took his handkerchief from his pocket and gave it to Seungcheol.