Oberyn Martell X Tyrell!Reader - Stone Cold

A/N- Based on the song 'Stone Cold' by Demi Lovato. I am currently working on a bunch of short and sweet imagines, because it means I can get more done for you guys. Hope you have been enjoying the influx of posts. x

"Look at him, flaunting her about like that," you brother grunted beside you, leaning his elbows on the stone railing and drawing your attention away from the woman with her arm tucked into the elbow of the man who had once been your betrothed. "He should be ashamed of himself," he continued, causing you to shake your head as you leant into him.

"Let him be happy, Loras," you muttered softly, feeling his arm rest over your shoulders.

"If he wanted to be happy he shouldn't have hurt you like he did," he grumbled back and you let out a light chuckle. Loras had always been protective of you, for as long as you could remember, in fact, one of your first memories was him smacking one of the blacksmith's sons silly after he had found out that the boy had been teasing you.

"She makes him happy," you told him, your eyes landing back on Oberyn as he showed off his newest conquest to a few of the men surrounding him. You remembered when you were that girl, smiling at the compliments that would be sent your way as you clung on to his arm for dear life. You were sure the men were showering her with the same words they had once given to you, and you were sure that she would be as uncomfortable as you were with the words of the old men. "I'm happy for him," you added, hearing Loras scoff quietly.

"Are you both going to spend the entire evening up here?" Margaery asked you, causing you to jump and spin towards her.

"Gods, don't sneak up on me like that," you hissed at her as she moved to stand beside you, surveying the crowd, her eyes landing on Oberyn and her lips turning down.

"I asked Joffrey not to invite him, but his mother told me that he had to be here, though I don't understand why," she huffed, brushing a single hair out of her face and back behind her ear. She had always been so perfect that you had been intimidated by her as a child, but now she truly was one of your closest friends.

"Y/N was just saying how she was so happy for him," Loras spoke up, leaning forward to glance around you at your sister. You shook your head in frustration, you knew that they wouldn't believe you, but you had hoped that by saying it you could force the feeling into existence. You were wrong.

"Of course she isn't happy for him, he broke her heart," Margaery told him, also looking past you to speak to Loras and causing you to let out a deep sigh.

"Alright, you don't have to keep reminding me," you bit at them, watching as they each retreated a little, the guilt clear on their faces as they muttered a quiet apology. "If his happy is her then I am more than happy for him," you told them, though you were almost certain that you were saying it more to yourself.

"You are a terrible liar," Margaery murmured, leaning forward and placing her chin in her hand, her elbow resting on the railing, "and an even worse sister for attempting to lie to us," she added, glancing up at you out of the corner of her eyes.

"At least try to look happy, tonight is supposed to be a celebration of your impending marriage to a King, people will expect you to be positively beaming with joy," you told her.

She shifted slightly to look at you more centrally, "how am I supposed to look practically perfect and happy when my little sister looks so miserable standing up here?" she asked you, her eyebrows raised as she pouted at you.

"It's hardly my fault," you told her, your brows knitted together as you stared at her in disbelief, "I didn't exactly intend on him breaking our betrothal for some random woman he met on a whim," you continued and you watched her faux pout turn into real frown.

"I know," she told you, straightening up and resting her hand on your arm, "I was only teasing," she added and you nodded slightly, biting down on your bottom lip as you glanced back down at Oberyn.

"I'm not feeling well, I'm going to go to bed," you muttered softly.

"I'll walk you back," Loras interrupted, holding out his arm for you to take until you shook your head.

"No, stay, have fun," you told him, before quickly turning to Margaery, "Please tell your intended that I was sorry to have missed him this evening," you murmured softly before turning tail and hurrying down the stone steps and towards the main door at a speed a little too quick for anyone to think it was normal, pushing it open just enough to slip through the gap and out into the hallway.

You weren't far down the corridor when you heard the door clatter open behind you, and a pair of footsteps slowing down as whoever had joined you came to a quick stop. "Y/N," his voice called out for you, but you hurried on, unable to turn and look at him, let alone have a conversation with him. "Y/N, slow down," he added, his feet slapping against the stone floor as he rushed to catch up with you. "Will you please stop?" he asked, grabbing your arm and stopping in his tracks.

"What do you want?" you asked, turning to him, "What could you possibly want from me?" Oberyn's face looked hurt as you glared at him, almost as though he believed himself to be undeserving of you taking such a cruel tone with him.

"I just wanted to see if you were okay," he told you softly, "you looked upset," he continued.

"I'm fine," you bit out, "Have a good evening," you added before attempting to pull your arm from his hand, thrashing it when his grip didn't release. "Don't make this harder than it has to be," you yelped as you finally freed yourself, stumbling back a few steps and staring at him.

"You told me that you understood," he muttered to you and you scoffed quietly to yourself.

"I lied," you told him, "That is what you do when someone tells you that they don't love you anymore, Oberyn, you lie so that they don't have to feel guilty about hurting you." He shook his head as he glared at his feet. "Gods, even when you were killing me inside I tried to make you feel better," you cried out, letting out a choked laugh, "It's almost like I want people to treat me like shit." You let out a deep sigh when he didn't say another word, shaking your head again. "I'm going to bed now, you ought to get back to the celebrations, she'll notice your absence," you told him, your gaze jumping back to the door when it clattered open again.

"Can't you just leave her alone?" Loras growled as he stalked closer, drawing Oberyn's gaze to him. You looked past them, seeing Margaery hurrying along and pulling on his arm in an attempt to slow his rampage. "You'd think that after abandoning her you'd at least have the decency to stay away," he continued and you quickly moved towards him, forcing your hands into his chest and slowing his progress.

"Leave him be," you whispered to Loras, causing him to look down at you, "he was just leaving," you explained, glancing back at Oberyn who nodded in agreement before walking past you and your siblings. "Oberyn," you called out, causing him to come to a quick stop, "Does she make you happy?" He looked puzzled for a moment before he nodded and you allowed a small smile to come to your lips. "Then I'm happy for you," you told him, and for the first time ever you meant it.

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. This money gives me the ability to continue writing in my spare time without having to worry about extra funds and will eventually help me to begin publishing my own works outside of my fanfiction. Follow the link: Ko-fi.com/S6S075KP to pledge money. The link is also available on my profile page and in the comments down below. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x