7

saori is stressed™ because the music festival's near, and yuta is driving her CRAZY by depriving her of sleep.

the guy's been practicing NONSTOP in his room. 

it would've been okay for saori if her room wasn't right next to his.

"yuta! shut the fuck up, i'm trying to sleep!" she pounds on the wall. why did her bed have to be at the side of yuta's room? damn interior!

"and i'm trying to practice!" yuta yells back, throwing a shoe at the wall.

"saori and yuta, both shut up!" naomi, yuta's older sister, screams from across the hall.

saori's bewildered at how loud her voice is, considering the fact that she was two doors down, and they could still hear her.

"ugh!" saori groans, putting her hoodie and sneakers on. "i'm going out for a midnight snack!"

"buy me soda!"

"sure, if ever i decide you're worth my money!" saori stomps downstairs where her uncle and auntie were talking at the dining room.

she jumps when they both take a glance at her, and she suddenly feels guilty for the ruckus upstairs. 

"sorry about that," she apologizes. "it's yuta's freestyling again."

"it's fine," yuta's mother assures with a kind smile. "we all know how chaotic you kids can be."

"i wouldn't use 'chaotic'..." saori mumbles, thinking for a better word. "just... thunderous..." that's not a better word either.

"don't worry, we know it's puberty." mr. nakamoto gets hit by his wife. "what? we've all been there!"

"that's true."

"see, saori agrees with me." 

saori smiles at the bickering of the nakamoto parents. mrs. nakamoto then remembers that saori was about to go out.

"oh right, do you need extra change? you're going out for midnight snacks, weren't you?" she rushes to grab her purse but saori stops her.

"it's ok! i still have money left from my allowance! i can buy it myself!" she jabbers. 

it was enough that they let her live with their house in seoul. saori doesn't want to owe them much more. 

"i see." yuta's mom calms down. "well, make sure yuta goes with you. don't walk out on your own, young lady."

"i'm fine, auntie! i'll be back in a jiffy!" before saori gets scolded, she runs out of the house, and sprints away into the streets. 

she reaches the convenience store in no time, and was greeted by the groggy midnight crew.

she returns the lifeless smile they give her and heads toward the junk food. 

saori spots a hooded figure, hovering over the Lays chips. she recognizes his 2-Dimensional face and exclaims, "taeyong?"

taeyong's head shoots up at the mention of his name and glances at saori's direction. "oh, hi," he greets her.

"what're you doing here?" saori asks, joining his side. "midnight snacks too, huh?"

taeyong looks down at his arms filled with food. "yeah." he laughs sheepishly. "the guys are over at my house. we're having an all-nighter to help johnny with his council duties."

"oh, that's nice." saori blushes at the mention of johnny's name.

she's kinda sad she doesn't see him often these days, with the music festival and all. the only time she gets to spend time with him is during class, and when she's helping putting out posters and flyers.