Chapter 24

CHAPTER 24

"Alright class, settle down please" Ms. Carter yelled. The class eventually stopped talking and stared at the teacher expectedly.

She sighed. "Well, It's the time of the month." She paused. "Again," she said.

Everyone groaned.

I mean, don't get me wrong. It wasn't the time she got her periods but the monthly projects we had.

"And... I'll be picking up the partners this time" she announced which made me sigh frustrated.

I just hope I don't get some cocky jerk or a squeaky bitch.

Ms. Carter paired up some student to which I really didn't have an interest in. I cast my eyes downwards and fidgeted with my pen.

"Blaire!"

My eyes perked. I rose my brows and waited for her to continue. She frowned and squinted her eyes at the paper.

"And Zayn," she said and shrugged. I smirked and searched for my assigned partner. I saw Zayn grinning and waving at me like crazy. I gestured him to come over, which he did.

"Blaire" he acknowledges and gave a curt nod. I mimicked his reactions and grinned.

"Alright class, So, since you have met your partners now, I'll start explaining what you'll be doing for the rest of the week." She said and searched for her materials sprawled on her desk. She found her desired work and turned to us.

"The project is about creating a tour guide for a chosen place, for a week. You may include pictures, ratings, reviews, description and other elements. The main objective is to make sure, the person who'll be reading the pamphlet, must get a satisfied idea about the lace and convince him to choose the place. It could also work like a 'tour package' listed on a paper. Creativity and summiting on time carry bonus points. You may do the work either in the library, a cafe, or even go to each other's house. It's really up to you. But the final work must be summited before the next weekend" She explained and stacked her papers. "Good luck. You may go," she announced and dismissed the class.

The second she let us, There were a collective number of conversations that buzzed out. I sighed and turned around.

"So, your place or mine?" I asked. He arched a brow.

"Can't we just go to the library or a coffee shop or something?" he asked hopefully. I shook my head with a frustrated sigh.

"My dad wouldn't allow me to go to public places after school, for now. There are some issues going on, in the family." I said, avoiding eye contact with him.

"Is everything alright?" he sounded concerned. I shrugged.

"Yea. I guess" There was a pregnant pause. "So, your place or mine?" I asked again. He shrugged.

"Your place?" I nodded.

"Mine it is. Be there sharp by five after school. Let's start today and finish it off first" I said as I collected my belonging and walked out to my next period.

***

"Where?" I asked as I crossed my arms over my chest and leaned on the door frame. He inhaled sharply.

"Just some meeting related to the gang?" Israel replied which came out more like a question. I narrowed my eyes.

"Doesn't the meeting usually take place here?" I asked. On hearing that, he smiled nervously which earned him a glare from me.

He sighed in defeat.

"Look, I just gotta be somewhere, Okay? And it's really urgent. Now please let me go!" he whined as he pulled his jumbo bag closer to his chest. I rolled my eyes.

"Alright, Alright" I agreed and moved out of his way, so he could get out of the door. He grinned and mumbled a thank you while sprinting out of the door.

Where do you need to go Israel?

I shrugged. Well, it none of my business. I don't have time to worry about something like that. Besides, I have company in a few minutes anyway.

I sighed and walked to my room to get everything set.

A knock on my door made me frown and take off the earbuds I had on. I padded towards the door and opened it.

My eyes widen when I saw, Zayn standing there grinning his mouth off.

"Zayn!" I let out, startled. He jerked his head sideways and shrugged.

"Are you gonna let me in.... Or,"

"Yes, yes. come in" I opened the door wide open for him to get in. He smiled and walked inside.

"How did you manage to get in?" I asked suspiciously. Cause there is no way those bulky men would have let him just walk in like that.

"I just walked in," he said with a shrug. Looks like, I was wrong.

He scanned my room and let out a low whistle.

"I didn't know you were loaded," He said with a raised brow as he turned to look at me.

"This isn't my house. It's my dad's friend's house. He just thought it would be safe here" The lie rolled out of my mouth. I frowned when I realized I just addressed Adham as my dad and the Meshoufs as his friends.

He threw his bag on the floor and turned to me. "Is everything alright? You know you could always tell me anything, right?" he assured. "You mentioned this before too"

I nodded. "Yeah, Zayn. But this isn't something I should talk about. But I really appreciate this" I said gratefully with a soft smile. "It's just things... they.... you know.." I staggered as my hands moved all over, dismissively.

"Anyways!" I yelled and changed the topic which made Zayn slightly jump in his place with wide eyes. I chuckled nervously. "I have a few places picked out," I said as I jerked my head to the Laptop.

***

"And done!" Zayn announced as he threw his hands up. I scoffed.

"Don't get yourself too riled up. We still haven't touched the amusement parks, Road trips, hotel bookings, resorts, beaches and much more! The only thing we did was restaurants cause you insisted we do it first just because you were horny for food porn" I listed.

He frowned. "Hey! I wasn't horney! I just knew wanted to see all the delicious foods served there, so I could note them down for future references." He reasoned.

"I rest my case"

He rolled his eyes and got. "well, we are done for today. I'm out" he said as he picked his bag and collected some of the paper sprawled on the floor.

I sighed and helped him out. He mumbled a thank you to which I just nodded. After we cleaned things up he stood on near the doorway all the way down, ready to leave.

"Bye, Blaire" He bid his farewell and walked not before he did his signature wink I rolled my eyes and shut the door.

'Let's talk about sex, baby (sing it)
Let's talk about you and me (sing it, sing it)
Let's talk about all the good things
And the bad things that m-'

My eyes widen as I checked my phone for it to ring.

Ughhh... Stupid Israel! How did he manage to get my phone again?!

I cursed and picked up the call.

"Hello?" I greeted.

"Blaire" came out an orotund voice which I immediately recognized.

"Adham?" I asked as I rose my brows in surprise.

"Yes," He paused. "I think it's time for you to come back home" He announced.

And trust me, even though that's the last thing I wanted to do now.