Day Three - World Population 4 Million

DAMIAN

Punching the wall felt amazing.  The release of years of pent up energy and anger at being held back for all of my existence exploding in one clean and cathartic punch.  The look of fear on her face, however, wiped out any relief I felt in a nanosecond.  It's all that fuckers fault.  My sole purpose has been to protect him through those dark years.  I took everything so he didn't have to.  I endured all the pain and humiliation so he didn't have to.  I gave up my innocence so he could keep his.  And I've never asked for a damn thing in return other than a shot at the spot light every now and again.  And to be honest, his life had become so boring and mundane lately that I didn't even give a shit about that now.  I was happy to watch from the shadows.

Until Agnes.

She was a game changer.  She was beautiful, ballsy and had a close connection with pain.  It was burned into those baby blues of hers.  Just her mere presence called me into the light.

I was no longer happy with sitting on the side line, and when I finally got a taste- I was done for.  I never wanted to go back into the darkness and become a spectator of our life again.

So for that fucker to deny me.  To outright insult her and treat her like he was once treated-  Made my blood fucking boil.  I would cave his face in if it wouldn't mess with my rugged good looks.

I don't want much in life, I just want her.

And now because of him- she fears me.  I can't bare that look on her face.  I usually get a kick out of it.  The power of making some insignificant piece of shit tremble at my feet made me feel fucking ten feet tall.  The way I made all those fuckers from the dark years tremble and piss their mother fucking pants made me want to roar with satisfaction.  But to see that look on her face- destroyed me.

She was an angel and the only thing that could bring this devil to it's knees.

I need to get away from that look.  It feels like judge, jury and executioner all in one ice blue package. and my anxiety was rising through the roof with every second I stood in front of her.

I storm passed fucking Tweedle Dum and Tweedle fucking Dee on my way to Blake's bedroom.  Delighting in the slightest cower of their shoulders as I passed.  Fucking Jay has his fists clenched, ready for what, I don't fucking know.  Did he really think he could take me.  Was that him finally growing some fucking balls.  

It wasn't his usual method of dealing with me.  No, he was usually the one to drug me in to submission.  I fucking hated the drugs.  Control was hard to grasp.  Everything swayed and flowed like being on a fairground ride.  A ride that I couldn't control.  A ride I wanted off.

It seemed that Agnes brought the animal out in every guy she meets.  Well, everyone except Blake.  What the fuck was his problem?!

That was just a turn of phrase, because in actuality, I knew what his problem was.  Of course I did, after all, I was there.

I wasn't just there, I was in control.  I had stepped in to hide a four year old Blake from seeing his crack head whore of a mother- five days dead- bloated, stinking and rotting with a filthy needle in her arm and her stained underwear round her ankles.  I felt sick as a the disgusting and disturbing memory passed through my mind.

Yeah.  I was the one who had endured that shit for days until she was discovered from pure stench alone.  He was tucked safely away from all the nasty's in that little nook deep in the back of our psyche.  But not me, I was present and accounted for.  He doesn't remember a thing from those times but on some unconscious level, he knows.  I can tell that by the way he treats my Angel.