2: Maybe Perfect

Chapter 2

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I grudgingly rolled over in my bed and slammed my hand down on the snooze button. 6:02 am. Ugh!

Sure, I love school but I don’t understand why it has to start so early. Wouldn’t we get the same education if school started at eleven instead of eight?

In case I didn’t make it clear, it was now the second week of January and today is the day that school resumes. On a normal day, getting up wouldn’t be that much of a problem but for some odd reason whenever a long holiday ends, whether it be summer, winter break or the Easter long weekend, I can never get to bed the day before school resumes. Instead, I stay lying awake in my bed for half the night and therefore have quite a big problem waking up the next morning… this morning being no different.

With me being my lazy and tired self, I stayed in my bed for a couple minutes because of the cold draft that was making its way around my room. The reason for this cold air: my aunt and uncle didn’t believe in putting the heat on during the night time, ‘wasting money’ they say. However, when it’s below freezing outside at the beginning of January, I sometimes wonder what could be wrong with their brains.

After another minute of relaxation I started to pull my purple and black spotted comforter off of me and jumped out of my bed. Maybe wearing short pyjama shorts and a tank top wasn’t such a good idea last night because right now, I am freezing.

I scurried into my en-suite bathroom and jumped into the shower to warm and relax my muscles.

After twenty minutes in the shower, I was energized and ready to get out. I dried myself quickly with a towel and walked towards my closet.

Now let me tell you one thing, I wasn’t the normal high school preppy girl with skirts, blouses, high heels and expensive things. Sure, my aunt and uncle have a lot of money because of their jobs but I don’t like to spend a lot of it unless it’s necessary or an emergency. My closet was mostly filled with a bunch of jeans, t-shirts and plaid shirts. I have a couple of fancier tops and edgier jeans I wear when I want to dress up a little more but I usually just dress casual and wear my brown leather jacket to beat the cold.

I picked a pair of light blue skinny jeans and a long sleeve white v-neck sweater out of my closet before getting a light pink bra and pantie set out of my drawer and getting dressed.

Once my outfit was on, I looked in the mirror and decided I looked good enough for today so there was no need to straighten my hair. I dried my long red hair quickly and threw it into a French braid down the side of my head. I didn’t really wear any makeup except for mascara so I put some on and walked to the other side of my room and grabbed my bag, checking the clock on my bedside table quickly. 6:59 am.