[56] Forgiveness

.

i know this chapter is short please don't h8 me

.

.

  Avery Holmes

.

.

  "She's been in complete 'mum mode' for the past two days." I heard Harry explain to Zayn. They were sitting in the main room of Harry's motel room, both thinking that I was still asleep.

  "And how's Niall been?" I heard Zayn ask.

  "Not too good from the looks of it." Harry sighed. "I talked to him once and all he did was cry, he's been cooped up in his room ever since. He's confused."

  "I'd be confused, too." Zayn said. "But I understand why Avery's getting some space. Niall did the same thing a few months ago when she kissed Marcus."

  "Yeah." Harry said. "She and Aimee should be up from their nap soon, maybe you should go. She'll think we were talking about her if you were in here." I almost felt bad for eavesdropping, but it was about me.

  I heard a door click open and then slam close, jolting my daughter awake. She whimpered and started to cry from being woken so suddenly, curling up beside me. Her hair was matted and sweat from sleep and her eyes were droopy.

  "It's almost dinnertime, baby." I whispered. "We need to get up soon."

  "No." Aimee fussed.

  "Fine, then you'll miss out on dinner." I teased. "I heard that Sam was making some chicken and chili tonight." I hoped that I could bribe her with food and I knew that it usually worked.

  "I just want daddy." She pouted. "Why can't I see him?"

  She had been asking for Niall all the time. It had only been two days, but she didn't understand why we needed this bit of separation. It was hard to explain to her that I just needed to cool down and have some alone time, but then again a girl her age shouldn't understand, anyway.

  "We'll see him soon." I promised. "I'm going to talk to him tonight."

  "Can I come?" She practically begged.

  "Adult talk." I explained. "You can play with your claw machine, I'm sure Louis will want to try it again. Maybe you can show him how to do it."

  She sighed and put her head in her palms, and I wondered what exactly was going on in her mind. It must be so difficult for a girl her age to even begin to wrap her head around things like the drama between people in relationships. I wished that she didn't have to see this sort of thing so early on.

  Aimee hopped out of bed and I heard Harry greet her when she entered the main room. I sighed and quickly put my hair in a ponytail, hoping that it didn't look too terrible. These past few days I had looked like an absolute wreck.

  "Good to see you." Harry said, kissing my check. "Darcy called and said that she made her first flight."

  Darcy had left today. It was a very teary exchange between her and Harry, both promising eachother that they'd call as soon as possible. He couldn't stop kissing her and telling her to be safe that it made me sick, especially knowing that right now it wasn't exactly like this between my boyfriend and I.

  "Good." I smiled. "How long is the flight?"

  "Couple hours." He shrugged. "I miss her already."