Chapter LXI

Cayden

I watch her run away as I let a sigh escape my mouth out of frustration. I can't just let her leave me like that. She tells me she loves me then leaves me? Is the definition of love for her is to leave someone behind?

Noah looks at me as I felt the tears trickle down my face. She's the first person to hurt me this bad besides my own father. Everything turned into chaos after finding out my dad's engagement with Hailey's mom. I was unable to react properly when I found out about it.

I can't believe what I'm going to say right now but, Hailey is one of my biggest weaknesses. She hurts me so good and loves me so bad at the same time. The irony of her hurting and loving me is making me want her more and more. I want all of her.

"I'm so sorry about that, dude, " Noah says. I look up at him as I continue to let my tears flow down on my own cheeks. "Girls can be confusing at times and they can be very hard to deal with."

"Trust me, I know how to handle my girl."

"But she doesn't know how to handle her own man, " Noah says, "Look, man. I know that you and Hailey's situation is confusing, very and I know that I should just mind my own business but, she keeps on pushing you away and you keep on stepping forward, towards her and a lot of people are getting hurt along the way."

"It's just... Amelia was hurt because of Hailey. You were hurt because of Hailey and I don't want any of us to get into more trouble if you keep on chasing someone who doesn't even want you anymore."

Truth hurts and Noah's right. I can't argue with him about it because everything he said was true and I keep on ignoring the fact that Hailey is giving up about everything we've gone through.

"And plus, if she keeps on leaving you like this and keeps on pushing you away, then it's clear that she doesn't want to be involved in any situation that includes you in it, besides being your stepbrother, " Noah says as I look down at my hand. My hand that fits hers perfectly, a hand that she keeps on holding, keeping it warm.

A nurse and a doctor enters the room as I lay down properly on my bed. The doctor walked towards me with his stethoscope hanging around his neck, the nurse holding a clipboard and a pen. "You woke up too soon, " the doctor says, "But anyway, it's better than never. Let me just check your vital signs."

"I'll just step outside, " Noah announces as I watch him exit the room, leaving me with the doctor and nurse as the doctor checks my vital signs and as the nurse writes down what he says.

I miss her, telling me that she loves me. I miss her arguing with me about simple things. I miss the way she holds my hand. I miss her embrace. I miss the way she kisses me back. I miss every piece of her, longing for me every single day and every single night.

I feel so empty without her and she's the only person who made me feel this way. The person who filled the void inside my heart, replacing all of the negative things with positive things. She completes me and I know that she is nothing without me, and she doesn't have to say it because I can tell by looking into her brown, alluring eyes.

I fell in love with the girl who hurts my heart so good. I fell in love with Hailey and I don't regret any of it, especially her. Loving her was not a mistake. I loved her because it's my choice and I was meant to, not because I just wanted to but, I do and I did.

***

My dad and my little brother soon enter the hospital room. Noah was fast asleep on the couch. Will ran towards me, holding a paper in his hand. My dad helped him to get up from the bed and Will sat down beside me as I hug him.