Chapter 7

Please share your love by voting and typing those comments. Thanks!:-) :-) :-)

.......

Kara’s POV

*

               “He what?” Adrian sputtered in disbelief, her eyes wide and I was sure my expression still mirrored hers.
She just got back from her vacation she’d taken with her boyfriend to Manila, Philippines and came here straight instead of heading to the Duckling’s place.

Her father was well to do, but Adrian just felt she could do something to earn herself a little more cash so she would groom herself not to ever depend on anyone when she was out of school and the Ducklings were paying more than enough, just to babysit Marian for a few hours whenever they weren’t on their usual trip.

“That was what he said.” I shrugged like it wasn’t a big deal but it was! Even from the shrug, I knew I was still affected by what had happened because my shoulders were still stiff.

It had been two days already but it still felt as if he just finished speaking!

I was still surprised and still felt nervous tingles in the place where he had held me in the kitchen even though it happened days ago. I was currently in the store room attached to the kitchen with Adrian and we were sorting out some foodstuffs.

Young master had never really spoken to me and I was still surprised he even conversed with me normally, as if we spoke daily. Saying he wanted to take me to a damn event.

Even mama noticed how I was acting all yesterday, even before going to bed but she didn’t ask me about it.

“Are you allowed to bring someone else?” Adriana finally asked in a voice laced with hopefulness and got up from the creaky wooden chair to pull up the sleeves of her turtle neck.

I looked at her as if she was crazy. I was going alone with him and still nervous about it and she was asking me if she could tag along? Talk about leeches!

I glared at her. “No!”

“But he said-” I cut her off with another heart shuddering glare and she scoffed.

“There is no we, Adrian. Didn’t you hear all I’ve been ranting since you got here?” I walked out of the store with the new carton of tomato paste and seasoning, dropping it on the ground and bending to sort them.

“Yeesh. If I didn’t know you babe, I’d say you were staking your claim on him or something.” I laughed nervously. The thought of staking claim on someone as cold and heartless as the young master alone made a cold shudder snake its way down my spine.

“You can have him. He’s all yours.” I muttered. She bent to join me and did an eye roll.

“Thanks but no thanks. That spot has been occupied already by the prince of my heart and come to think of it, he has been acting weird since yesterday and we haven’t even spoken that well since I got back. I hope he’s alright.” She suddenly sounded worried and placed the last two sachets of tomato paste in the neat basket I just cleaned beside us.

I carried the container and placed the lid over it, shutting it properly before keeping it in the doubled door cupboard.

“Who?” I asked when she still didn’t get up from where she was crouched.

“Who what?”

“Who are you talking about?” I furrowed my brows. My mind was somewhere else already while she’d kept talking.

“Michael Jackson, you idiota!” She all but growled at me but I still had no clue as to who she was talking about. “I was talking about Lucas’s weird behavior before I left him yesterday.”