Chapter 42

Natalie's Pov

After I finished shopping for our dinner, I decided to stop at Martha's to pay her a visit since I knew Jack would be away at work. On the car ride there I kinda felt a little guilty for not using Xander's card at the store. I hope he isn't made but there are some things I'd like to do for myself. I mean, we aren't married and I have a job so I don't see the problem in paying for it
myself.

The SUV comes to a stop and the driver helps me out of the car and my guards trail me out as well. Ringing the doorbell the door immediately opens and an extremely worried looking  Martha ushers me and the guards In. She closes the door and I rest a hand on her shoulder."Martha what's wrong? Did something happen?". Shaking her head she proceeds to look out the windows before making sure they're locked. "I think someone is watching the house".

What?

I watch as she frantically begins to pace around the room, back and forth. "Ok Martha, calm down. Just breathe ok?, everything is going to be alright. Now tell me when this all started?" She nods and takes a seat next to me while the guys just stand by the door. "Yesterday, someone's called here for Jack, demanding he give him some money that he owes him from the past. My husband never was good at making deals with people so now we're in debt to this man. I don't know who he is, he wouldn't give us a name but we were able to track where the number was coming from. Somewhere in England. He said if he doesn't receive $15,000,000 in cash, we'll hear from him soon. I don't know what to do Natalie, nothing like this has ever happened before. And honestly I'm quite scared."

Her voice cracks with emotion and I instantly wrap my arms around her and comfort her as she cries. "My nephew is so lucky to have you Natalie. I don't know what we'd do if you weren't here".

"You would keep living life. Don't worry about a thing Martha. Nothing bad is going to happen to any of your family. I will talk to Xander about this and we'll have this all figured out in no time." I whip her tears and she smiles at me before nodding her head in belief. "Ok, I have to go. But I will be back tonight to check on you."

"Jack will be here tonight. Are you sure you're ok with being around him?" I smile and shake my head softly. "I'm going to be here whether he's here or not". I then turn to the men. "I need three of you to stay here and keep watch of Martha for me."

"Yes Mrs Moretti". I look at them totally and completely confused. "Why did you guys call me that?".

"Mr. Xander has instructed us to."

"Well Please call me Natalie. I would feel much more comfortable."

"We'll need permission from Mr. Xander ma'am." Smiling at them I give them a polite ok before one of the bodyguards named Ben, escorts me to the SUV.

I've been in the car texting Xander nonstop so far. Right now we're currently on the freeway back to the mansion when I suddenly feel a flutter in my tummy which causes me to jump light. What in World was that?!". Choosing to ignore it I open my phone and call Xander.

"Hello my beautiful princess. Are you almost home?"

"Yes my handsome King. I should be home in about 15 minutes."

"What are you making for dinner tonight my love."

"No no, it's a surprise so you must wait. But I promise to let you see it before the guests arrive. Oh and also, there's something I need to tell you about when I get home."

"What are you hiding from me angel?"

"Nothing. I'm going to tell you when I get-" I am immediately cut off my the sound of the car screeching and the feeling of us speeding up. Looking at Ben I ask home what's going on. "I'm so sorry ma'am but it appears someone might be following us."

Oh God. I begin to feel my heart speed up before I hear Xander yelling into the phone.

"Princess?! Love tell me what's wrong?!"

"Xander, Ben says there might be someone following us". Turning my head around it is indeed a red Porsche speeding  up right on our tail.

"Give the phone to Ben". I hand him the phone and nearly freeze when I hear him screaming on the other side.

"IF SOMETHING FUCKING HAPPENS TO MY FUTURE WIFE YOU ALL ARE DEAD!SO YOU BETTER FUCKING FIND A WAY TO LOSE THEM AND BRING ME MY PRINCESS SAFELY! AM I UNDERSTOOD?!" Ben gives an immediate yes Sir before handing the phone back to me.

"Love, listen to me. You're going to be ok alright? Just hold on a bit longer".

"Ok Xander. I love you".

"I love you most angel."

Hanging up, I look behind me again but I don't see the red vehicle. I guess we must have lost him, after all we're going over 100.  I feel a sharpe but brief pain in my chest and I immediately bring a hand over my rapidly racing heart. Squeezing my eyes shut I rub over it gently, calming it down. I begin to feel all pain fade away and opening my eyes I see we're driving through the gates to get to the front of the mansion.

Thank God that's over.

I watch as a very furious Xander opens my door before pulling me out and picking me up. He wraps my legs around his waist and my arms automatically go around his neck. He carries me inside the mansion and places kisses all over my face. "Oh my God. Angel I thought I was going to lose you. I don't ever want to feel like that again so from now on you can't go anywhere without me unless I'm taking you do you understand?". Smiling softly I nod and kiss his lips. He looked as if he was on the verge of crying but held it back.

"Don't worry Xander. Ben And Tom got us out in time, especially since you threatened their lives if I died". I giggle but Xander gives me a stern look. "The thought....of even you....not being here is unbearable. Please don't say such things love. I was really scared".

"Oh Xander I was just teasing, I'm sorry I didn't mean to upset you. Please forgive me. Forgive your princess?". I begin to kiss his cheeks, nose, eyes, neck until he laughs and gives in. "I could never not forgive you princess. You are my Joy."

After he holds me just like this, in his arms for about 10 minutes. I feel a light pain in my chest and lowly wince so Xander can't hear me but unfortunately he does. "Are you ok Princess?".

"I'm ok". He sits me back on my feet. I bring a hand over my chest before turning to walk away until I feel his hand pull me back to face him. "What's wrong Natalie. I know something is wrong. I listen to the sound of your heartbeat every night and I know sometimes it beats irregularly. Love, you're going to have to tell me what's wrong".

He's right. I have to. He's told me the whole truth about himself and his past. I owe him the truth about my health. Reaching up I hold his face in my small hands. "I promise to tell you this week. Not a day after that. Ok?".

"Natalie, are you sick"?

I feel my eyes nearly sting with tears. "No Xander, I'm fine. Like I promised, I will tell you this week. Now let me go and fix you the greatest dinner in the world for your guests." He smacks my butt which causes me to gasp. "Ok but tonight, I shall ravish you like never before."

Laughing I head downstairs and begin to cook.