Justice.

Justice Olofin, one of the most successful adjudicator in the city. She served as prosecuting attorney for the international criminal court, and also served for two years as a judge in the same court. She was dean of the faculty of law before her appointment as a judge in the tropical city's high court.
Mean while, outside the court premises, members of all media houses are present to cover a historic case in the history of the city.
The sisterhood of Nuns are outside as well. Singing hymns to touch the conscience of the people ,and encouraging them to remain strong in their faith.
"lord Jesus, think on me,
And purge away my sins,
From earth born passion,
Set me free and make me pure within". They sang in sweet melody with lighted candles and flowers placed on the road to form a shape of the cross.

MASA members are also on the streets. Their members are mostly undergraduates. They are all dressed in a pink T shirt as a symbol of womanhood.
They carry banners ,chanting words of solidarity-" what do we want? Justice!
When do we want it? Now!. "

*The court session resumes and its time for the defence counsel to make his assertions*
"My lord, I would like to make it categorically clear ,that the petitioner lacks the basic qualifications to present this case before the court, as she is not a member of the city's bar association."

"my lord" said Vicky, " according to section 1(2) of the code of professional conduct, any citizen of our city who has a degree in law and legal studies is qualified, to present any case ,of any nature, in any court of law within the city. It is surprising that my colleague is ignorant towards our laws. I humbly request that further assertions made by the defence counsel be thoroughly screened before being accepted by the court , because from all ramifications, he is not acquainted with our laws."

"counsel Louis, Vicky is qualified to present the case before our court. Based on the provisions of sec1(2) of CPC. "
"My lord, I do not wish to waste the time of the court. I will therefore, call upon my first witness by name Sullivan".
"Mr Sullivan, you are the owner of One love pharmactical store ,right?"
"yea"
"how long have you been in operation? "
"10 years now"
"and what is the security status of your store? "
"uhhh-we have cameras to indicate who comes in and out of the store"
" do you recognise our petitioner? "*he points at vicky*
"yes, I do."
"can you tell us more?"
"yea. She came into my store to buy a pack of Fidex condoms. I remember because she was on her uniform. You hardly forget a thing like that. "
"thank you, my lord that will be all for now"
"Would the petitioner wish to cross-examine the witness? " asked the judge.
"No, my lord".

"without delay, I will call upon Kunle Afolabi-brown"
"Objection! " screamed Vicky "My lord ,the defence counsels witness has no relevant role to play in the case at hand. "

"Objection, overruled. "

Kunle, walks into the court room limping on his right leg. It never fully healed after the attack by Lucifer. He looked older now, with perfectly trimmed facial hair. He wore a golden Rolex watch,with an up and down ,white shirt and trouser.

"Mr Kunle, what do you do for a living? "
"I'm a business man"he said while giving Vicky a mischievous smile.
" what kind of business, if I may ask? "
"I sell cars and spare parts for Mercedes Benz "

"have you met our petitioner before now? "
"yes, she was an online sex worker"
"Objection" screamed Vicky.
"Sustained"
" tell us the nature of your relationship with the petitioner".

"Like I said, she was an online sex worker... She arranged to have good sex with me... It was good at the beginning, until she attacked me with a dog"

"objection, the witness is clearly misleading the court. His statements are false. And I fail to see the relevance of his statement to the case at hand"

"his statements makes it clear, to the court that the personality Vicky is, indeed wanting in character. She is a whore, who for whatever reason, found herself within the walls of our coven "

"Objection, sustained. May all statements given by the witness be erased from court records. Petitioner, may you call up your first witness"
"My lord, I will like to call upon, Mrs Ijomanta. An ex student of Rosemary's college. Mrs Ijomanta, how old are you?"
"thirty five"
"and when did you leave the college?"
"uhh-back in 89-1989"
"In what manner did you leave the college? "
"I was expelled "
" can you briefly tell this court the events that led to your expulsion?"

"well, I had sexual relations with father Nicolas. Although I enjoyed it, but I got tired. I told him about it, but he wouldn't stop. So, when I reported him to the authorities, I was quickly expelled. To prove I wasn't lying, my parents got a physician to examine me."

"and what were the findings of the physician?"
"that I had been sexually active. Because of the bruises on my genitals and infections consistent with someone who has been sexually active. "
" thank you." said Vicky. "My lord, I would like to admit the medical report as exhibit C "
"The court will now go on a ten minute recess. When we return the verdict of the court will be delivered. "

"Justice is not a one way traffic, justice for the accused alone. It is neither a two way traffic. It is however, a three way traffic. Justice for the Victims, the accused, and the society. I have accessed the numerous piece of evidence brought before us today, by the petitioner and defence counsel. I now wish to deliver, the verdict of the court.
That the accused is liable for the claim of the petitioner.

That the accused be arrested within 48hours and the case subsequently transferred to the office of the attorney general for further action.

That the Catholic church within the next two months will pay a compensation of thirty million tropical dollars to the victims and petitioner respectively.

That the Catholic church with 24 hours must publish a letter of apology for the wrongful termination of sister Vickys appointment as a nun and for gross misconduct of father Nicolas.

The news spread like wild fire through out the city. The riot police had to be called in to restore order on the streets.
Vicky was still within the court premises having meetings with personnel from the attorney generals office when they heard three gunshots towards the entrance of the court.
*The next day at Sunrise fm's good morning show*

"good morning, its your boy Kamo. Today is indeed a sad time in our City's history. With me in the studio, is the Police Chief Sir Raphael. Can you briefly tell us about the attack at the city's high court yesterday.
"uhhhh, the Reverend father accused of the sexual abuse of some girls was shot by some unknown gunmen. He was taken to the city's general hospital, where he died of multiple gunshot wounds".

THE END.