Chapter 74- A Morning's Disturbance

Draco walked into their room on the last morning of break. Harry was still sleeping, his arm hanging off the bed as drool slipped on the pillow. He snored.

Draco leant against the doorway, smiling at the sight as he watched the rise and falls of Harry's chest for a bit; Draco's guilty pleasure. Soon enough he went to Harry and kneeled on the hardwood next to him. He eyed his features up close, then grabbed his hand and kissed it softly. Harry still didn't wake, and Draco let out a sweet huff of air.

Draco raised his body so he could kiss Harry's lips and did so softly. When he released he found Harry's eyes staring at him, a smile on his lips.

"Good morning, my love," Draco grinned, putting his chin on the edge of the bed, oh so close to Harry, he could feel this breaths.

"Good morning," Harry beamed before dropping his face to one of question, "did you come to bed last night?"

"I have a surprise for you," was all he responded before kissing his forehead and heading out the door. Draco was still wearing his clothes from yesterday, he concluded. Furrowing his eyebrows he got out of bed, only to have an incredible smell fill his nostrils. He quickly put on pants and ran down the stairs to have Draco standing in the kitchen door with a whisk in his hand.

"Draco, what have you been doing all night with that?"

He remained silent, and grabbed Harry's hand and lead him into the room where the table was covered in piles and piles of food. Harry's eyes widened. It wasn't just piles of food, but elegantly designed, smartly placed, beautifully decorated piles of food.

"You cooked the entire night?"

"I wanted to make you breakfast, and like you said last night when you made dinner, practice makes perfect," Draco crossed his arms. "Cook really is easy. It's like potions."

"You didn't even sleep?"

"No, but it was worth it! Go on, have some."

Harry sat down hesitantly and grabbed a fork, only to bury it in a bowl of scrambled eggs. Draco watched him intently as he placed it in his mouth to the fork and tasted his work.

"This is actually good," Harry said after a bit of chewing.

"Gee, thank you Harry."

"No, like, really good, Draco," Harry took another bite, "like incredibly good."

"Oh, I have something else for you, too," Draco walked further down the table and grabbed a plate, placing it front of Harry. It was a giant stack of head-sized pancakes, with chocolate hearts drawn on it, dusted with powdered sugar, and decorated with berries. "It took me about 8 tries to get the perfect consistency, but it was done."

"Draco, it's too pretty to eat."

"Pretty? That's all I get?"

"Draco, your pancakes are the most gorgeous pancakes I have ever seen and they were made by an even more stunning person, but in fact, I think I've fallen out of love with you and in love with these pancakes and I am arranging a wedding with them." Harry leant down and kissed the pancake, "I love you pancake."

"Shut up, prat," Draco rolled his eyes, taking a bit of chocolate on his finger and smearing it on Harry's cheek.

"These do look professional though," Harry smiled, before cutting into them.

"Thank you," Draco smiled smugly, "I remember that's how they used to be made by our house elves, so I sort of just went off of them."

"You used to eat pancakes with hearts on them?"