*Chapter 31: Pouring Rain

During the next week, you continuously came across Jimin. He was friendly as usual, but you could feel that the wall between you had grown. He was holding back again and the few interactions you had were awkward and unnatural. You couldn't help but feel your heart sink in your chest. You had thought that you had made progress in your relationship, but it seemed like you were back at stage 0 again. You swallowed hard, thinking about the song you had just added to your album. If not before, Jimin would know about your feelings at the latest when your album dropped, which was in a week. You were nervous as hell, running low on sleep. You had practice every day, until late in the evening.

Saturday, 10 pm

Tiredly, you pushed the door open to get out of BigHit's building. Raindrops immediately fell on your face, cooling down your skin and dampening your hair. You inhaled deeply, taking in the smell of fresh rain. As much as you loved rain, right now you wished there wasn't any. This goddamn bike. You glared at your bike, that was waiting for you in the pouring rain. You were internally screaming at yourself for coming with the bike today. With a sigh, you knelt down on the concrete and fumbled with the lock. Your fingers slipped on the wet metal.

A hoot made you look up.

You blinked through the rain to see who had honked. A car waited on the road next to you and you stood up to see why it had halted. "Come. I'm going home, I can take you," Jimin shouted and you shook your head almost immediately. You were definitely not in the mood for an awkward 20-minute car ride with Jimin. Even the bike was a better option. "I'm fine. I have to get my bike home anyway."

You knelt down again and unlocked your wheel-lock. When you wanted to stand up, you nearly fell back due to the unexpected presence of someone just in front of you. Jimin.  He quickly caught you, making you clumsily crash into his rockhard chest. "Didn't I tell you to warn me before you fall?" he chuckled. Your cheeks turned red as you hastily distanced yourself from him.

"Don't be like this," he said softly, "You'll be completely wet and sick if you don't come with me."

"I am already completely wet and you'll be too if you don't hurry."

Jimin sighed at your stubbornness but chuckled seconds later anyway. "You always have to have your way."

Without a warning, he lifted you up bridal style, making you squeal in surprise. "I won't let you go home on your bike." He sat you down in his car and went back to the driver side. You were still baffled by his sudden action, not able to say a single word as he closed the door on his side. 

He started the motor and you drove in silence since neither of you seemed to have the guts to start a conversation. You settled your weight comfortably against the door, your posture slightly diagonal so you'd see his actions. His eyes were fixed on the road and you shamelessly took advantage of that, starting to discretely look at his side profile. As much as you internally cursed at yourself, you always ended up drawn to him, drawn to his fluid effortless movements that exuded confidence, drawn to his alluring features, drawn to the slightest changes in his expression, drawn to him. His silky black hair was messy and damp, a few strands sticking to his glistening forehead, raindrops still running down his face. His clothes were almost soaked, his light grey shirt nearly transparent and hinting at the muscles beneath the fabric. You bit your lip and forced yourself to look somewhere else, worried he'd catch you staring at his body. However, your eyes had their own will as they traced over his plumb, softly parted lips and prominent jawline. As if you were hypnotized by the slow sensual movements of his lips, your reactions were retarded, making you realize all too late that he had actually said something. 

"Y/N." You nearly jumped when you heard his velvety voice a few octaves lower than usual. Embarrassed your eyes quickly darted towards the road. "Yeah?"