34

Everly's POV

~A Few Months Later~

I was released from the hospital today. Home was one of the only places I remembered how to get to. I knew where it was. My nurse said that my long term memories are the only ones I am able to remember vividly in my condition. She said that the little things will slowly come back to me but it may be over a span of months or even years.

I wanted to remember every part of my life the way it was before my accident. Hell, I don't even know what caused me to lose my memory, all I know is that I was found on the sidewalk with my head drowning in my own puddle of blood. Or at least that's what the doctors said but they explained it in a much less brutal way.

Of course when I arrived home, my parents weren't there. Probably off in another country already. I don't even believe they're on business trips anymore, they probably leave because they don't bother enough to care about their daughter with temporary amnesia. They only care about themselves. Those are the two people I wish I would've forgotten about for good. I hate them.

I walked up to my room. I don't remember if it's the same as the way I left it before. I don't remember much these days. After all, I did spend six months in the hospital for amnesia. Fuck, I just keep bringing it up and all I want to do is forget about this stupid amnesia like everything else in my life. I might not even get all my memories back. Imagine all the things I could have right now that I don't know. I could finally have friends but I don't know. My brother could've come back from college and I don't even remember. I could finally have good grades in school and graduate top of my class! I mean, I highly doubt that last one, extra credit or even a tutor couldn't fix my stupid brain.

Just imagining everything I may have just lost and forgotten is nerve-racking.

I want it all back even if I don't know what it is I miss. I just have a gut feeling that Im missing out on something. Like this life that I remember is not the one I'm supposed to be living and that its something so much more better but as of now its just this. This horribly boring and lonely life I live. Eighteen years old living alone because my older brother lives at college and my parents are too selfish to come home to their daughter who waits by the door for them to come home not even knowing where they are and no way to contact them. I just want someone to spend this sorry ass life with.

My window blinds are open so I look out my window. Its not much of a view just a window of the house right next to me. I see a chocolate brown haired boy sitting on his bed in his messy room. I can see the glow of his bright blue eyes from here. He is reading a book while smoking something. A blunt or cigarette, I can't tell from here.

No one has lived in the house next to me for years, he must've moved in while I was in the hospital.

I think I might've been staring for too long because he saw me. His head didn't lift from the book he was reading, only his eyes shifted to the window. When he saw me his eyes widened and his expression was like he was surprised, almost scared, that I was looking at him. He choked on the smoke he had just inhaled. It came out of his body through his mouth little by little as he coughed before he smiled at me.

I smiled back.

He jumped out of his bed and ran to the window. As he looked at me his smile became bigger and honestly it made me a little uncomfortable. I waved slowly at him with a confused expression on my face while his was mesmerized and I had no idea why.

He waved back slower than I did. We just stared at each other through each of our windows for a while. I tried to figure out why he was so ecstatic to see me and who the heck he was. I'd never seen this guy before although he does look familiar. I guess he just has that generic white boy face.

I decided to take this into my own hands and figure out who he was. I undid the latches on my window and slid it open. Our houses were close enough to where I could hear him without going over to his house and I can stay in the comfort of mine. I stuck my head out the window and folded my arms over as if I  was waiting for him to open his window, as well.

He did.

"Who are you?" I asked accusingly like this was an interrogation.

His happiness was quickly drained after my question and I almost felt bad but I still didn't know why. "You don't know me?" He stuttered.

"Should I?"

"Yes." He lowers his head. "And no."

"Why should I know you?"

"I'm sorry, blondie- I mean Everly. You wouldn't know me. I forgot about your temporary amnesia."

"How do you know me? When did you move here, no one has lived in that house for years?"

"I moved here the beginning of senior year, Everly. We were... friends."

"How am I supposed to know you?" I asked for the fiftieth time it seemed.

"Because... because I love you."
________________________________

hey guys !!

yeah i know i'm so bad at updating but stuff is happening in the book lol !

aaaaand i finally uploaded the first chapter of "Hiding the Criminal" !! if you haven't heard of it check out my profile and read it it's going to be sick !

i'm going to start trying to get back on an updating schedule and updating more often because i used to have readers that voted and commented on every chapter and now i feel like everyone has given up on me and honestly i do the same when authors don't update but i'm so sorry

like i used to get 100 reads on a story within an hour of posting and now that's all i get for one chapter so i really want to start gaining my reads and readers back

i love you all and thank you to the ones who've stuck with me since the beginning i love you all lots

vote and comment what you think !

ps. this chapter probably has so many errors i wanted to upload to i didn't read it before i uploaded oops

buh-byeeeeeeeeee!

-BlackMidnights