Chapter Forty Seven

Hailey's POV

I don't call Isaac like Angela asks me not to, well at least not at first. Angela's big scary body guards come back when they see the commotion that's going on and immediately hound me with questions.

I'm careful not to say anything she doesn't want me to say though, all I really explain is that Angela was in a lot of pain out of no where so we called the paramedics and they came for her.

They immediately call her father, or at least that's who I assumed they called. They then offer to take me back to Carmen's and I politely decline and ask them to take me to the hospital that Angela was taken to because I want to know if she's okay, and they do.

The drive to the hospital from the restaurant doesn't take long, although it seems further than it actually is, but I know it's only because there's a tedious silence in the truck and I feel completely awkward around to big meaty Italian buffs. Im actually a little surprised when they don't get off with me and just drop me off in the emergency room section, but I don't argue with it and grab mine and Angela's bag and walk into the hospital.

I give Angela's first and last name to the assistant that's working behind the desk, asking anything and everything I can, and she kindly ask's me to take a seat, that she'll call me as soon as she finds anything out. Not having any other choice, I turn to face the waiting room, scanning the rows for an empty chair, and notice one in the back to the far right and head in that direction.

I quietly take a seat, politely smiling at the few strangers that have turned to look at me, and set Angela's bag and mine in the empty seat next to me, pulling my phone from out of my bag.

I unlock it and go into my settings, into my block list and stare at the small list, with Isaac's contact at the very top of it. I click on his contact but don't necessarily click on the number just yet, as my hand begins to tremble.

God what the hell's wrong with me? Just call him and get it over with already, plus it's not for you, it's for her! After a couple more seconds of starting at his number, I come to realize that I can't do it, I'm not ready to talk to him just yet. I quickly get out of his contact and go down the list and quickly dial Dion's number.

Dion' phone rings, and rings, and rings, but he doesn't answer and it finally hits his voicemail. I thought about just hanging up, not leaving a message but then decided that they have the right to know that they're best friends in the hospital, so I leave a message.

"Um, hi, Dion. It's Hailey, I'm mean Red, but you of course probably know that because of the caller ID," I nervously chuckle to myself. "Um anyways, i just thought I'd tell you that I'm here at saint Frances because Angela had to be rushed to the hospital. I don't know anything yet, I'm just here waiting in the waiting room, so yeah, call me or text me when you hear this, okay bye."

I sit patiently for a couple minutes and take Dion out of my block list just in case he does decide to call back, but after 15 minutes pass by I lose all hope that he will and decide that I need to call Isaac. Who knows when Dion will decide to call me back, or even deliver the message to Isaac, he could be busy for all I knew.

I go back into my block list, click on Isaac's name and immediately dial his number before I can change my mind. My hearts starts racing incredibly fast as the dial tone continues to ring, and ring, and ring, just like when I called Dion.

I think that I've hit his voicemail as well when the dial stops ringing, but the voicemail machine lady never comes on, and I realized that he answered the phone at the last minute and is just staying quiet.

I pull my phone away from my face, nervously shaking my foot up and down, and attempt to clear my throat without him knowing, and place the phone back to my ear. "I-Isaac?"