She may have heard

"Just keep in mind this is a... serious question" Kakashi said seeming to hesitate. "Alright...? What's the question?" Kohana asked as she made eye contact with Kakashi. Their was a moment of silence as Kakashi seemed deep in thought not breaking eye contact.

After that moment Kakashi seemed to decide on something and looked away. "Never mind... it doesn't matter right now" he said shaking his head. Kohana's gaze quickly changed into a glass. "What do you mean it doesn't matter right now?! You came her in the middle of the night just to say 'never mind it doesn't matter right now'?!" Kakashi just offered her a smile as the girl pouted.

"I'm actually gonna go talk to Akio about... training" Kakashi nodded as he walked off to Akio's room. "Alright I'm heading to bed then" she muttered. Kohana stood their staring at the directing of her brothers room. A few seconds later Kayla trotted into the living room gave Kohana a glance then continued to trot to Kohana's room most likely to sleep.

Kohana pursed her lips as she thought over what just happened. Both Akio and Kakashi have been acting way off. They know something she doesn't it was obvious. And Kohana? She was determined to find out.

Kohana walked down the hall and stopped at her brothers door. The door was closed so she had no worries about being seen. Kohana sat on the floor making sure not to make to much noise in the process and she leaned her head on the wall to have a better hearing range.

"Are you sure you don't want to tell Kohana about this...? Don't you think she deserves an explanation" Kakashi's voice was low but still audible. "Kohana doesn't need to know about this... it'll only make things worse. I'm so done with all this beast nonsense!" Akio's tone was a mixture of irritation and worry.

"Actually that's why I came... I found something that may explain what's going on. Though their wasn't much information it's a clan called the 'Okami Clan'" their was a pause and exactly at that moment Kohana was about to sneeze. She was luckily able to stop the sneeze but she had taken in a huge breath... that the two in the room also heard.

The moment of silence grew. Their was shuffling in the room, someone was getting up to check who was outside, Kohana quickly scrambled to her feet and rushed to her own room making sure to close the door as fast and quietly as she could.

She held her breath as she heard the door to Akio's room open but after a few seconds it closed. She exhaled a breath of relief as she slid down against the door.

Kohana bit her lip as she tried to understand what Kakashi and Akio has been talking about yet she couldn't come up with anything. She hugged her knees to her chest as she looked up at the ceiling.

Between Akio and her their were never secrets. What could've been so important... so big that he wouldn't tell her? She wondered if it had anything to do with his eyes... what did he mean about the 'beast nonsense'? Kohana never heard of the 'Okami clan' before now. Should she know what that is?

Kohana gave herself a small note to go and try to find some information about. She clearly wouldn't be able to ask Akio or Kakashi about, she couldn't let them know she eavesdropped into their conversation.

Kohana would be lying to herself if she said she wasn't upset or angered by the fact that her brother doesn't trust her enough to tell her about this situation. Her eyes felt heavy and she let them close. Before a minute had passed she was out.

———————————-

"I think Kohana may have heard us..." Akio said quietly as he turned to Kakashi gently closing the door behind him. "Maybe you should just tell her" Kakashi suggested to the distraught looking teenager. "Kakashi I already told you... I can't tell her. Not yet at least" Akio said shacking his head as he sat on the bed.

Akio brushed his bangs away from his eyes the color blue almost seeming to glow in place of his normal light green ones.