Chapter Five

(A/N: I would recommend listening to this on repeat throughout a majority of the chapter if at all possible. It's very beautiful and listening to it will help you understand what's going on. :) -Abi)

That you leave me behind,

The sky in Titan was not blemished by a single cloud or splotch, nothing on the planet could go wrong in that one moment; in fractions of those small seconds— everything was right, everything was fine— Titan was safe.

And your love is implied and I can't find,

As if the world decided to cave in on itself, out erupted thousands of small sparks from Titan's city center. Bustling individuals who never knew of destruction or agony found themselves frozen in fear. Titan's skies faded to a pale grey, as if the lungs of the world had suddenly given up while simultaneously allowing a rather large creature to appear out of a portion of mist. His body stood, encased in armor that seemed impenetrable, a scowl woven across what little of his face was visible.

You'll see that pain in my eyes,

Screaming and panic erupted as Thanos pillaged every section of the once safe and tranquil planet. His followers swept across the vast lands, parents fell victim just before their children, the sudden halt of existence happened in the eyes of the innocent while the eyes of the pernicious carried on with their slaughter.

For a few moments, this sudden massacre did not register with small, petite (Y/N). Screaming of small children, teenagers, and adults surrounded her and yet she watched as her parents attempted to remain calm for only a few moments before their cowardice grabbed them by the throat and made their chests burst open with fear.

Do you feel the death in my soul?

Outside consisted of the same fear that swallowed (Y/N)'s home whole. Not knowing blood and never being introduced to terrorism, she found herself shaking with crippling fear and an overwhelming urge to stay put, to not move; maybe it would cause Thanos to think she was dead, maybe he'd spare her and her family.

(Y/N) would never be so naive again.

In just a few split seconds, she watched Thanos stride over toward the area where she had remained stationary with her parents. Looking to them from her peripherals, the rest of the world suddenly started to go in slow motion.

Unable to move out of her fear-inducing self-paralysis, she watched as Thanos' hand fell from his hip, a small purple, fluorescent light extended from his palm and coveted both of her parents' bodies. A heavy weight fell upon her chest as she felt her parents claw at her, screaming words that seemingly became inaudible.

I can't feel you here by my side,

Within an instant, her parents had dissipated from beside her.

"Run!"

Hesitation did not occur. Her feet moved quickly, tears stained her cheeks as the slaughter of her people became a sea of bodies and only memories left to sift through; tidal waves came in as screams of the innocent. She couldn't breathe, she couldn't think straight. She didn't even know where she was going.

Just don't leave me alone,

Bursting from vegetation, she found herself in a clearing far off (she could only assume) from her home. From a distance, even as a small child, she watched the grey skies that had once only inhabited the city center slowly begin to invade closer spaces.

She could not move except to double-over, hands clasping at her throat as she let out deafening screams.

Her parents had just died in front of her. A couple of creatures who swore an oath in their accompaniment to one another to never allow danger or isolation to fall upon their child until that time was due.

But this wasn't it.

This wasn't fair.

Don't leave me alone.