Too Far

"Woah, what happened to you?" Cara asks when I enter her room that evening, her voice a little weird-sounding from her illness.

"Don't even ask." I sigh as I flop down on top of her legs. I don't think I've ever had a smile this goofy in my life.

"Okay, let me guess." Cara continues anyway, "Did... you ask her out?"

I shake my head.

"Oh my god, did you kiss her?"

I hesitate before shaking my head, my smile faltering.

"Almost?"

I nod.

"She looked so gorgeous today, Cara. You should've seen her." I sigh, and she scoffs and pushes my shoulder playfully. I clamber up the bed to lay beside her as she laughs at me.

"You're entirely smitten with her." Cara comments, and I frown. Am I? I've never felt with anyone else as I do with her. I've also never had someone say no to me when I made an advancement on them; never mind stopped, just given up, respected their words immediately. I'm a bit of a douchebag usually, but not so much with her.

"She's incredible." I sigh in lieu of a response. Cara just laughs more.

"You're not even dating." She shakes her head in disbelief and I roll my head around to look down at her.

"Yet." I correct her.

She rolls her eyes and questions, "What about all the other girls you fuck?"

"I... I haven't since last week." I confess, to which she gasps and widens her eyes.

"No way! Don't bloody lie to me, Y/n."

I laugh, but shake my head, "I'm not lying. I didn't even realise."

"Whatever." she brushes it off, obviously not believing me, "Wanna watch a movie?"

"Sure." I nod, not really paying attention as she pulls her laptop out and enters Netflix.

"Do you think I went too far?" I ask anxiously, "I mean, she's my teacher. I tried to kiss her. What if everything's awkward now? What if she gets me expelled? What if... what if she loses her job?"

Cara sighs and turns back to me, sniffing before answering, "None of that is gonna happen, you plonker. She likes you back. It's so obvious."

"I hope so." I breathe out, trying to root myself back in the present as I look down at her screen. She quickly picks a movie and we settle down to watch it. This is what we usually do when one of us is sick. We don't really care if the other one gets the same illness, it doesn't matter to us.

"Really? A romance?" I grumble, elbowing her slightly.

"Yep." She says smugly as she elbows me back. I grumble but commit to watching the film anyway.

———

Double short update!

Something is a-brewing 👀 I can't wait to share the next chapter with you guys...