Chapter Five

As soon as we entered the house I heard the quick pitter patter of footsteps as a little girl came into view.

"Liam you're home!" She exclaimed as she jumped into his waiting arms.

"Of course I'm home, I do live here after all." He teased, putting her down a moment later.

"Who's that?" The little girl, who I assumed was Liam's sister, asked, pointing to me.

I could see the resemblance between them, they both had the same facial features and dark hair, the only difference was that his sister had baby blue eyes.

"That's Emma." He told her, ruffling her hair as he spoke.

"She's pretty. Is she your girlfriend?" The girl asked, causing me to blush a deep shade of red.

Liam chuckled "No, just a friend."

"She too pretty for you anyway." The little girl replied, sticking her tongue out at him.

"So Jenny, we'll be in the basement if you need anything okay?" Liam told his sister, effectively changing the subject.

"Okay, I'll be in my room." Jenny replied, skipping off in the direction she came from.

"The little rascal didn't even say hi to the rest of us." Leo complained as we made our way to the basement.

"She was more interested in Liam's little girly friend." Garrett teased, gaining him a playful shove from Liam.

The basement was basically a man cave complete with a flat screen tv, gaming consoles, and a pool table. How could such an average home have such an expensive room?

"So who's up for a game of never have I ever?" Leo asked, flopping down onto the couch in front of the tv.

"If it involves beer, I'm in." Garrett replied, sitting down beside him.

I immediately grew uncomfortable at the mention of alcohol. We were too young to drink so I'd never had a sip of alcohol in my life, and I didn't intend to any time soon.

"That cool with you Emma?" Liam asked.

I didn't want to ruin the fun but there was no way I was drinking.

"I don't drink." I quietly mumbled, looking down in embarrassment. I had no reason to be ashamed of following the law but I didn't want to look like a prude around them.

"You can have pop or something and the rest of us can have beer. Does that sound okay?" Liam suggested, getting up to grab drinks out of the mini fridge beside the tv.

"Yeah sure." I agreed, not wanting to be a killjoy, but the idea of being around people that were drinking made me so uncomfortable. All I could think of was how my mom died. Maybe the person that drove impaired was playing an innocent game like we were about to before they ended up killing someone.

I wanted to curl up in bed and cry but instead I was stuck in a basement with a group of boys. There was no avoiding this game of never have I ever so I just had to suck it up and make the best of it.

Liam handed everyone their drinks, beer for them, sprite for me, and explained the game as we sat down at the table in a corner of the basement. Basically we took turns saying things we'd never done and anyone that had done it took a drink.

"Leo, this was your idea so why don't you start us off." Garrett suggested, popping the cap off his beer bottle.

"With pleasure, never have I ever been expelled from a school." Leo said, smirking at Garrett.

Garrett took a sip of beer and it was his turn to go since he was to the right of Leo.

Garrett gave Liam and Leo an evil look before taking his turn.