Skating

"Are you coming to the study group?"  The text from Sarah caught me off guard as I came out of the showers, my hair still dripping. Wasn't the study group on the tenth? I checked the date and my heart skipped a beat. It was the tenth and I had a study group scheduled at seven thirty. Which was ten minutes from now!

The sociology teacher gave extra credit to anyone who went to the study groups and I desperately needed it to pass the hardest class in existence. Six months at Columbia has taught me that if you're not on time to things then you get locked out of classes and your known as the slacker.

College was hard, but Columbia was a whole other kind of hard. I kept myself busy, not giving myself any time to think about him or his family. When I wasn't studying my ass off I was down at the local skate park. A random day of wondering had brought me to the park and I stood mesmerized as they did tricks and fall if they didn't work.

Brandon Marks had been watching me when I was there and invited me to try out skateboarding. My balance sucked when I was on a stable surface let alone four wheels, but something urged me on. Brandon was a great teacher and I knew he wanted to be more. He was cute except not at all my type or my species.

He had a boyish charm about him. Reminded me of Mike Newton in Forks when I first met him and just like there he had an admirer. Somehow, I would push them together, but not before I completed my training of skateboarding. When I first started I wore a helmet, knee pads, and elbow pads, but now I was confident that I didn't have to wear them.

The study group was across campus and my only means of getting there quickly would be with my board. Throwing on some clothing I grabbed the skateboard and ran out of the room, shoving past my neighbors, and rushing down the stairs. Despite learning how to skateboard my balance was still wonky and I barely managed to not fall down two flights of stairs.

Gaining speed rapidly I didn't notice the people waiting at the crosswalk. I didn't even see the bus.

***************************************************************************************

The end is near. Leave me a comment.

Yours S.A