CHAPTER 19

Yasmin pov
We went to the nearest restaurant. As we entered, people's mouth dropped, and everyone's eyes were on us.....literary me. I got nasty glares from people, well i recognise most of them from school. Everyone was whispering, obviously talking about us.

"Welcome may i take your order?" The waitress asked as she glared at me with her overdecorated eyes, full of smudged eyeliner and eye-shadow. Her gaze shifted from me to Jake as battered her thick fake eyelashes, lick her red painted lips and repeatedly push her boobs out hoping that he would look at her but his eyes weren't on her but on his phone. I can't stay and watch this shit.

"As a matter of fact yes." I said in an angry tone.

"I wasn't talking to you nerd terrorist!" She spat.

"Honey he ain't got time for a hideous crime against nature like you, so take my orders b*tch!" I spat back. Jake looked at me and smirked before looking back at her.

"I want caramel macchiato and some salad for her." Jake said and looked at me.

"What! Salad what do you want me to do, die. Why don't you let me to do the ordering here, i want the same caramel macchiato, Chicken Alfredo pasta and some chicken wings." I snarled.

"Just wait for a sec." She said in a seduce tone before winking at Jake, glaring at me and left

"All of that for you?" Jake asked unbelievably. "Most girls i know eat little and mostly salad." He added

"Thank God you said most girls not all because i don't joke with my food and just because I'm a girl doesn't mean that i should practically starve myself so that i can have the perfect skinny body." I said as i brought out my phone from my purse and scrolled down my messages. I saw a message from Jason.

Jason: Hey beautiful :-)

Beautiful! Why is he calling me that.

Me: Eh...good.

Jason: So where are you?

Me: I'm in a restaurant with Jake, why are you asking?

Jason: I wanted us to go visit Khadijah but i can see that you're busy *sad face*

Me: Don't be sad, i already have plans to go visit her but you can pick me up by 6.

Jason: Sure thing, bye

Me: Bye!

"Are you done texting?" Jake asked and sipped his drink.

I glanced at the table and saw my caramel macchiato, Chicken Alfredo pasta and chicken wings.

"Oh yeah." I took my chicken wings and munched on it.

"So i think we should know about each other, so lets play a game called 'Question time'. I ask you a question and you answer sincerely, you do the same to me but if you don't want to you can say pass." He offered.

"I will go first, why did you come to see me in the hospital when Natalie hit me with the fire extinguisher?" I asked and took a bite of my chicken wings.

He put down his drink and answered, " I really don't know why but i just felt like coming to meet you in the hospital, after all it was my ex."

"My turn."

"Who's your boyfriend?"

"That's the only question that popped into your head, i don't even have a boyfriend." I mused.

"Well that was the only question i could think of and you say you don't have a boyfriend?"

"Nope!"

"Crush?"

"Nope!

"Ex!"

"Nope!"

"Secret admirer."

"Nope!"

"Why?" He asked.

I don't find any guy attractive." I answered.

"Not even me."

"Most especially you." I laughed.

"Cmon i know you do, everybody considered me as the hottest guy in school, i know you love and want me." He said in a cocky tone.

"You're the last person on my list." I lied even though i knew that it was the other round.

"Why do you hate me?" He asked.

"Never said so!" I answered flatly.

"Then you love me." He said with hint of excitement.

"Never said so either!"

"My turn Jerk!"

"I'm a jock not a jerk, nerd!" He mused.

"What's the difference, anyways why did y-you save me the other day Cameron and Marco were beating me up. I expected you to join hands with them since it's the usual."

I saw the guilt in his eyes as he thinned his lips. "I don't know what came over me but i just couldn't stay and watch as you suffer and I'm also sorry for every time i have bullied you."

"It's alright, i have forgiven you already."

"Yasmin i want to make a promise you that i will protect you from the bullies as a form of apology."

"Thanks but you don't need to, i have coped with it for eleven years. One more year in highschool wouldn't hurt." I shrugged it off.

"Don't worry, i will protect you and help stop the bullying."

"That's the same thing he said."

"Question time! Who's the he?" Jake asked as he leaned forward.

"I will pass."

"OK i don't want to press further, you will tell me when you want to."

I sighed at the memory.

Flashback

"Yasmee I'm gonna protect you forever and I'm never gonna let go of you, i'm gonna marry you when we grow up." He said and held my hands with his hanzel brown eyes piercing into my pale blue ones. The sun was shining on his brown hair with golden locks.

Promised to never let go of me." He smiled as we walked down the street hand in hand.

"I promise Leo."

Ignore grammatical and spelling errors,
Don't forget to vote, comment and share.
Lots of love♥♥

~Xoxo~