Chapter 12

"That's the last plate?"

"Yup."

Isabel turned off the kitchen tap then took off the rubber gloves and apron she was wearing and hung them up only to turn around to a face full of dish towel as Davina threw it at her.

"Hang that for me too, would you love?"

"Uh huh." She rolled her eyes as she hung the still damp cloth Davina had used to dry the dishes on the oven handle.

"Did we miss anything?"

"Boss is wiping the table and Ivan went upstairs to get his stuff."

"Good! We can get out of here." Isabel rubbed her hands together as she walked out into the living space and threw herself onto the couch, but just as she did, the bedroom door on the second floor swung open and Ivan came out, frowning.

"Mason, have you seen my shoes?!" He hung over the rails and shouted at the other man who was replacing the centerpiece on the dining table after wiping it clean. "I'm only finding one."

Ivan jogged down the stairs with one shoe on and the other pale white, dainty little foot bare, his face sulky as he complained to Mason. So meng!

"Where did you take them off?" Mason asked as he stroked the back of Ivan's neck.

"In the bedroom last night while you guys were stripping to get--"

"Isabel!!"

*Snicker*

She covered her mouth in a bout of silent giggles as Ivan stomped his foot and glared over at her with a completely red face, even his ears were red.

"Izzy, don't tease him." Davina rolled her eyes at this overgrown child.

"But he's so cute!" She complained with a pout.

"Don't let Kelvin hear you say that."

Davina chuckled when Isabel turned her eyes away in a 'see nothing, hear nothing' sort of action.

"Come on Ivan, I'll help you look. Where do we start, the bedroom?"

"Davina!"

"I was honestly just asking." Davina laughed she chipped up the stairs with a grumbling Ivan following close behind.

Hugging a pillow while lying on her tummy, Isabel smiled as she watched the two enter the bedroom then glanced over at Mason who was leaning against the dining table, also looking after them with a quiet smile hanging from his mouth corner and a ridiculously happy gleam in his eyes.

Isabel chuckled. "I'm afraid if Ivan makes you any happier you might turn into a useless person, Sonny."

Mason glanced at her and the smile on his lips deepened, bringing out his dimples. "You think so too?"

If she was standing, Isabel would have tripped. Boss, you're not supposed to agree.

She gave an awkward laugh.

"How is the divorce coming along?"

The change in topic was sudden and Isabel froze for a while before she relaxed and nuzzled her face into the pillow.

"I'm waiting for my lawyer to call. You don't have to worry about me and Brycen, Sonny. I have absolute confidence that I'm not going to lose my kids."

"What about distribution of assets?" Mason pushed off the table and came striding over with his hands in his pockets. Isabel sat up to make room for him to sit next to her.