Chapter 27

"Malia?" She stopped in her tracks just as she was about to open my office door

"Malia?" She stopped in her tracks just as she was about to open my office door. "Would come home with me?" My wolf was extremely restless from the attack earlier and did not want to let her out of our sight. They could attack again at any moment and I wanted to be close to her, to protect her from any harm that might come to her.

"I-I'm sorry?" She asked. Her scent changed from fear to confusion. Her once bitter smell turned a bit sour with her change of expressions.

"I would like for you to come home with me. There is someone that I would like you to meet." It wasn't entirely a lie but it wasn't exactly the truth, either.

"And you are asking me to go?" She sounded so perplexed, astonished even. It seemed as if she had never given her opinion on anything, had never been asked to do things. An uncomfortable pressure built in my heart and settled in my stomach knowing that she was forced to do things.

I took a few steps forward and gentle weaved my fingers in between hers. Her hand was so small, so soft and delicate in my hold. "Of course I am. I will always ask. I will never make you do things you do not wish to do."

"O-okay." She stuttered and bent her head further down, covering her face further from my view with her hair. I smiled gently, I could see the light pink hue adorning her cheek through the blonde strands.

I gentle my tugged her hand as I opened the door leading out of my office. We began walking through the pack house and the pack land. As we walked, we accumulated many stares. Their eyes followed us with delight as they finally saw their Luna getting along with their Alpha. I felt her hand shake in my tender grasp. It saddened me knowing she was scared or nervous being around me or my pack. She was going to be ruling them. She should have no need to be frightened by them because no harm will ever come to her as long as I am around.

I led us down the familiar path to my house. As I grew more and more relaxed with being alone with my mate, she grew more and more nervous. Her hand began to shake even more and I could hear her heart pounding in her chest. I opened the front door and lead her inside to the living room, a place that she would be semi- familiar with. I felt like she would be more comfortable in a place she had already been in before. I slowly brought her hand that I was holding and placed a kiss on the back of it before letting go. "Thank you." I said. "The people I want you to meet won't be here for a little while, they are doing other things at the moment. Feel free to make yourself at home." I gestured to the plush, leather couch. "If you get hungry there is food in the kitchen which is over there, I pointed to an open archway. I will be upstairs making calls if you need me."

I gave her a smile before walking up the stairs and to my personal office. I wanted to stay down there with her but I knew that she might be wanting to be left alone for a bit and I didn't want to overwhelm her. Also, I did t make some important calls; fellow Alphas and allies just in case this indeed does turn into a war.

Malia's POV
I watched as his figure disappeared and his footsteps began to ascend the flight of stairs. I listened for other noises and smelled for scents of others but came across nothing. I was alone in this house with the exception of the Alpha that was just upstairs. Even though i was still relatively close to him, I could feel my body relaxing. Exhaustion being to seep into my body and my eyes began to droop.

I walked over to on of the couches and cautiously sat down, scared that the Alpha would pop up out of nowhere and yell at me for sitting on his property without permission but nothing of the sort happened. I tucked my feet into my body and leaned against the arm of the sofa. The leather was cool but not uncomfortably cold. The couch was soft and my body sunk easily into the material. My eyes lips eventually closed and I fell into a peaceful sleep, so fly inhaling the faint scent of pine and cedar.

Orion's POV
I just finished up the last of my phone calls and let out a sigh, leaning back in my plush office chair.

"Are you and the Warriors almost done setting up the new watch schedule?" I mind- linked Cole.

"Yes, Alpha. We just finished a few minutes ago. I am on my way home to my mate." He responded.

"Great, pick her up and come over to my house. I want you to meet my Luna."

"Of course, sir. Both of us have been dying to meet her." I could tell her was being genuine. I could hear the underlying excitement in his voice.

As our conversation finished up, I noticed how quiet the house was. In fact, there had been no sounds in the entire house since I came home. I checked my clock that was sitting on the corner of my desk, it was around two. I though she would have made herself lunch or at least have turned on the television to entertain herself. The back of my mind nagged at my with negative thoughts. She could have left.

With that though in mind, I made my way downstairs to go check on her. Cole and his mate would be here any minute and I didn't want them to come all the way over here just to see that their Luna wasn't even here.

Before I even made it into the living room, I was met with the strong aroma of her relaxing and intoxicating scent. She was still here. I smile to myself and walking into the room. As I walked even closer, her scent grew more and more powerful and I was met with an adorable sight.

I found her asleep on one of the couches

I found her asleep on one of the couches. One arm was touching the floor and the other was bend, being used as a pillow. My heart swelled at the sight of her and my arms ached, begging my to go over and hold her in my arms as she slept.

I walked over to a trunk pushed up against the wall and grabbed a soft, fluffy blanket from inside. I then gently laid it over her peaceful body so that I wouldn't wake her.

'We are here, Alpha. Should we come in?'

'Yes, and please, do be quiet. She is asleep right now.'