1- Birthdays and Jackets

When she wakes up, Skyler's eyes don't want to cooperate, for she's too tired to get up. Uncle Loki took her to Asgard, yesterday. She had been there before, of course, but this time was different.

Normally, she went to Asgard for a darker reason, when there was war, and the risks were to big that the enemy would come for her and her mother.

That's why this time was different, this time, there was no war, nor any special occasion, this time she finally got to meet her father's best friends. His fellow warriors. His companions in battle. Lady Sif, and the Warriors Three.

She has finally met Fandral, the man Uncle Loki always plays jokes on. They're amazingly strong and independent people.

Skyler admires them, for their courage, loyalty and trust. Reliving all the experiences of the past day, Skyler finally realises why she went to Asgard.

Today is her birthday! She's 11 now. Not that's a special age, but hey, you turn only 11 once in your life! As fast as she can, Skyler dresses up. A dark red T-shirt, and a pair black jeans. Her good, old sneakers; ta-da!

Now only the leather jacket, Skyler thinks. The jacket is special to Skyler. She worked on it for so long. It is a black, leather jacket, with self-made paintings on it. A big, beautiful painting of Mjolnir on the back of the jacket, and Loki's horns on each shoulder.

It isn't finished yet, for it is supposed to be an Asgardian jacket. But however, she'll wear it today. For the final touch, Skyler puts her long, golden blond hair in a ponytail.

When she's ready, she runs down the stairs, finding her mother and father waiting for her. A huge, fancy breakfast is on the table, Skyler can't help it, but her mouth starts to fill itself with water.

"Happy Birthday!" Her father's voice booms through the living room.

Jane hugs her daughter, whispering, "happy birthday, sweetheart," to her hair.

"Well, since it's your birthday, we have a surprise, of course. We thought that you'd like this..." Thor places a heavy, colourful box on the table, while his wife continues talking, "This is a collection of books with all the ancient mythologies of the world. Greek, Norse, Egypt, Incas, everything."

Skyler's face looks like it can explode every moment, of happiness, "THANK YOU SO MUCH!!" She hugs her parents tight and unpacks the box. When she wants to explode in happiness once again, someone tolls.

"I'll open, it's most likely Loki." Skyler says, before walking to the door. 

edited: 02-03-2019