Is There Somewhere- Jack Maynard

Hello :) This is inspired by the song Is There Somewhere by Halsey. Hope you enjoy x

~~

Yours and Jack Maynard's relationship was complicated, a complicated mess. Trying to figure it out was like trying to solve a Rubix cube.

You met him in a club, fell in love with his ocean eyes and woke up in his bed next to his bare body.

Now every so often you met up in a hotel room halfway between where you both lived. Inside that hotel room nothing else seemed to matter, it was your safe haven; he was your safe haven. All your problems seemed to disappear as your eyes met his hypnotizing blue ones.

There was definitely a spark between you, so much chemistry. But sometimes you felt like all you were was a booty call to him. You had heard he was known to be that type. You worried often if he felt the same way about you as you did about him.

You two never talked about your real feelings towards each other. You were just constantly having sex that could be meaningless but felt ever so meaningful to you.

But those nights in the hotel room felt so magical. It left you in a daze, drunk of love and happiness.

Tonight was one of those magical nights.

You lay awake next to Jack, way too high of happiness to even think about sleeping.

"Jack?" You whispered into the dark room.

"Hmm" He grumbled in reply.

"You're awake?" You asked a dumbly.

"No, sleep talking" He chuckled.

You grabbed the nearest pillow and lobed it at him.

He laughed in response before sitting up slightly. He could only just see your silhouette in the darkness.

You reached across to interlock your hand with his.

He rubbed his thumb against yours, making your heart melt.

"Can I ask you something?" You asked nervously and turned on your side to face him.

"Go ahead." He said.

You paused to pluck up the courage to ask.

You took a sharp inhale of breath before asking "What does this mean to you? What do I mean to you?"

You knew you were now in forbidden territory. Jacks answer could either crush you or make you the happiest girl in the whole world.

He began to play with your fingers nervously as you prepared for his answer.

"I need to be honest with you I think," He said, finally breaking the silence.

Every pause he took put you more and more on edge.

"Y/n" He breathed in "I have feelings for you."

You felt like a massive weight had just been lifted off your chest. Butterflies filled your stomach.

"I never meant for this to be more than a hookup but things became way more than that" He continued.

"And I get if you don't-"

Before he could finish his sentence you crashed your lips into his. His hands wrapped his hands around your waist to bring you closer.

You broke away from the kiss to talk.

"Jack" You whispered, still millimetres away from his face "I like you a hell of a lot"

"I'm glad" He grinned before beginning to kiss you again.