Chapter 22

I know it's been a little over a week, but I've had to write the story in my free time.  I hope you enjoy it.  Please let me know what you think.

PIc on right is of Drew Van Acker as Drew - with no facial hair.  This is how I picture him for this story.  

***************************************************************************************************************

DREW

It was game day, so that meant I'd be without Em longer than I could stand. I had to think of somewhere we could meet up in between. The longing I had to be near her was stronger than anything I'd ever experienced. I knew I was being irrational. I really hoped this intense want went away when we brought our relationship out into the open. The combination of loving Em and keeping it quiet had me climbing the walls.

"Drew!" I heard Tommy Mueller say.

"Huh?" I asked, confused.

He laughed. "Where are you, Man? I've been calling you for, like, 5 minutes."

Oops. Too much thinking, I guess.

"Sorry, Man. It's just with Ellie and me breaking up, I'm kinda dazed," I said, lying.

"I get it," he said, patting me on the back.

We walked toward class, discussing how we thought the game would go tonight.

*********************

Tommy caught up with me in the hall after class.

"Sorry if I'm getting too personal," he said, "but does your breakup have anything to do with Ellie and Mike hooking up at your party?"

If he only knew.

"Is that what Mike's been saying?" I asked.

"Oh yeah. He told alot of us about it the other day. He said she was a good lay," Tommy said, not looking at me while he admitted it.

"He got laid alright," I said, " but it wasn't my ex that, well, .........pleasured him."

"Must have been some pretty hot chick, then," Tommy said.

"Yeah, his chick was hot alright," I said, turning down the hallway toward my next class while Tommy walked straight ahead. The word might rhyme with chick, I thought, but it doesn't start with "ch."

I couldn't believe Mike had the nerve to walk around telling everyone that he slept with Ellie! I had half a mind to send a group text out to everyone showing them just how sexy Mike was feeling last Friday. If he wasn't careful, that is exactly what I'd be doing.

I walked into last period, and there was the liar himself! He was flirting, or pretending to flirt, with the girl next to him. I wonder if he was actually into her, or if he was just putting on a show so the others wouldn't see through his facade. Then I looked up, and I was back in lala land. Emily was back at our table, smiling at me. In fact, she probably knew just what I was thinking as I glared at Mike. As I walked past Mike and sat down next to Em, she laughed.

"Are you wondering if that's a cover up move?" she asked.

"You read my mind, " I said, leaning toward her.

She pulled back, saying, "Watch yourself, there, Drewby. You almost just blew our cover."

Ugh. She called me Drewby. I was in trouble now.

As if she read my mind, she went on to say, "And if you don't start behaving, I'll call you Drewby for a very long time."

I put my hand under the table, and rubbed her thigh. She smiled, and placed her hand over mine.