2- Letters and Guests

Skyler looks at the woman in front of her.

First lesson that Loki taught her, when he decided to teach her some magic, 'take a good look, nothing is what you expect'.

The woman in the threshold, has a strict appearance, in her fancy red business lady dress, her grey hair in a straight knot, wearing a fancy hat in the same colour as her clothes. Her mouth is curled up in a kind smile. '

You can trust her.' A little voice says in Skyler's head.

But still, her eyes narrowed and with a distrustful tone, Skyler politely asks an important question: "Excuse me, ma'am, but who are you?"

The smile doesn't disappear from the woman's face when she gives her answer, "My name is Professor Minerva McGonagall, and I would like to speak to you and your parents. I assume your Skyler Foster?" 

Skyler nods. 'Well isn't this a coincidence?' Her conscience says to her, in her head. 

"Yes, I am. Come inside, please, would you like some cake? It's my birthday, after all..." Skyler leads the professor to the living room, "mom, dad, there's a woman, who wants to speak with you." 

McGonagall steps inside, "Professor, my parents. Mom, dad, this is..." Skyler can't finish her sentence, for Thor steps in, clearly, they already know each other. 

"Minerva McGonagall. It has been some time," he says surprised.

 The Professor's eyes widen, and she eyes the apartment and Skyler's father in shock, "Thor Odinson... how? Is she your daughter?" she asks, looking at Skyler, who nods. 

'How does she knows my father?' Skyler's conscience asks again. She shrugs to herself, and lets it go for now, but she'll find out. 

The girl observes the adults, while professor McGonagall explains a few things to her parents. At the end, the woman asks something, and both of Jane and Thor agree at the topic, which is completely unknown to Skyler. 

The elder woman turns to Skyler, whom has been sitting in a chair for the whole time. "Skyler, I need to tell you something really important. You're special, you can use magic. You're a witch, Skyler."

edited: 02-03-2019