Imagine 21-Victim

The night was coming to an end as you and your friends said your goodbyes to each other and started to head home. You decided to walk back to your place since it was already close by.

You began to feel nervous as you noticed a man had been following you since you left the bar. At first you thought that maybe he was just going the same way but every time you started to walk faster so did he. When you got home, he was gone or so you thought he was. You were about to unlock your front door when suddenly everything went black.

*6 hour time skip*

You woke up in the hospital to an excruciating pain in the back of your head.

'What the hell happened to me?' You thought to yourself.

A couple minutes later a nurse entered the room with another man who you already knew way too well.

It was your ex boyfriend, Sonny Carisi.

You two had broken up 5 months ago and hadn't spoke to each other since then.

"Take it easy on the questioning detective. They have a minor concussion." The nurse said before leaving the room.

Your eyes widened in shock.

"Carisi?? What the hell are you doing here??"

"Svu was called to investigate this case (Y/N)."

"Special victims unit?? They only show up if someone was raped and I wasn't-" You cut yourself off before realizing what had happened.

"They found signs of sexual assault at the scene of the crime. You were lying unconscious on a bench with your clothes ripped up. I'm sorry (Y/N)."

All you could manage to do at this point was cry. Carisi sat down on the bed next to you and held you until you were ready to answer some questions.

"Do you remember anything from last night that might tie into what happened?" He asked.

"Umm..I-I was leaving a bar with my friends and I began walking home..."

"Did you notice maybe anyone who was following you home or watching you all night?"

"Yes...I think.."

"Did you happen to see what they looked like at all? Facial features, height, maybe a tattoo that stuck out to you?"

"No, no..I didn't see their face or anything like that. All I remember is they were wearing all black."

You watched as he wrote your description down in a notepad.

"Okay (Y/N), I have to go back to the precinct now. You have my number. Call me if you need anything. I promise we'll find the bastard that did this to you."

"Thank you Sonny."

He nodded and left the room.

*3 day time skip*

It was your first night back at your place since the assault happened. You felt nervous as you walked to your room. Previously you didn't really mind being alone but now it terrified you. 

You kept thinking about the person who attacked you. What if they came back? You didn't really have much to defend yourself with, just some lousy kitchen knives. Finally you decided to call Sonny. He always helped with soothing your anxieties.

"Hey (Y/N), everything alright?" He asked.

"Yeah..I'm just really paranoid Sonny..can you come over and maybe spend the night please?"

"Sure, I'll be right over."

You let out a sigh of relief knowing for at least tonight you'll actually feel safe.

When Sonny arrived you couldn't help but hug him instantly. You'd missed his touch and it sucked that you both had to reunite under these terms.

"This is all my fault." Sonny confessed.

"What do you mean?"

"We broke up because of me. I was too busy for you and now because of it I wasn't there to protect you."

"Don't blame yourself for this Sonny. The only person at fault here is the rapist. You know that."

"Besides you're here to protect me now." You said again.

"And I'll never stop protecting you (Y/N). I'll make sure that fucker never sees the light of day after this."

You stayed silent for a while and just cried in Sonny's arms while he comforted you.

"I just don't know if I'll ever get through this." You cried.

"You will (Y/N). You're more than just a victim. You're a survivor. A strong, amazing, beautiful survivor."

You let out a small smile before kissing his lips.

"Promise me you'll never leave again. I need you here." You said as more tears fell down your cheek.

"I promise."