Chapter 8

Stephano’s POV

*

           “Hope the flight arrangement has been made? We have no time to waste.”

“Please, he will be a good boy.” The man pleaded on the phone. I sucked my teeth in irritation, my left hand swiftly moving in my hair as I shut my eyes.

We’d already had this discussion before so I had no idea why he was pleading now. No amount of pleas could do it, I would even take drastic measures without hesitation if it called for that.

“No! That wasn’t the agreement.”

“I promi-”

“You want me to repeat myself, sí? He is a threat somehow.” I grunted.

“He only takes it as a child’s play.”

“Child’s play with my relationship? There’s no child’s play in this. He is a threat and he has to go.” My relationship with Kara was more important that what threat that boy would pose if he stayed here any longer.

He heaved a disturbed sigh. “Sir? I promise to talk to him. If you continue with your plans and then send him to....I would be broken sir. He’s my only child.” It almost pained me that I was doing this to such a man I had known for years but it had to be done. So many people were threats to me and he was one of them.

He could be young and foolish now but his actions could ruin the great plans I had for my own future. To be forewarned is to be forearmed.

“I have made my decision and I will be sending him away for a while. Relay my greetings to Josephine and I am sure she would be happy to see him, Sí?”

He heaved another dramatic sigh.
“All right Sir. I must tend to my business now. Duty calls.” I could hear the defeat in his tone.

I wasn’t too pleased with the discussion we just had and that didn’t sit well with me but when I remembered the purpose for my action, I knew I couldn’t go back against my decision. I needed to do what I need to do and it was for the best; for me and also for Kara.

“Hmm.” I grunted in response and ended the call with a good heart. No employee ever hung up on me so I couldn’t know if he was angry but he of course knew better than to be angry at me. Anger wouldn’t put food in his plates or clothes on his back.

I remembered what this evening was and a feeling of relief flooded my chest. I was finally going to be alone with amore mio; be it for a while, I was still content with it. Why did I even speak and act towards her that way like I did with everyone?

I furrowed my brows as I thought about it. That was definitely something I couldn’t help. It just came with how I started behaving when I became a teenager and moreover, I was used to being around her. She wasn’t a temporary person in my life.

I knew that if I was stony faced towards her, she wouldn’t want to be so close to me. She wouldn’t be like those regular girls I used to be around in ninth grade.

I quickly got tired of those girls because they were always in my space with their ponytails between their fingers as they twirled their hair whenever I was in sight. Also, they giggled to no end. A girl giggling wasn’t wrong but hearing half the whole population of girls in my class and sometimes in my school giggle wherever I walked in with my two friends then, it irked me.

I started hating giggles because of it.

Weirdly enough, I once dreamt about a girl with big lips painted in red and she was giggling irritatingly with her face so close to mine. The horror!