23 | real life

xxiii

xxiii. brownies

After sending his tweet, Sebastian put his phone down.

"Do you have anything I change into?" Sebastian asked, tugging at his chocolate covered t-shirt.

"Yeah, Ethan left some clothes here in Katie's old room" Nancy said, helping Ellie pour the batter into a tray.

"Alright I'll be back" Sebastian said, walking out of the kitchen.

Sebastian walked up the wooden staircase, some steps squeaking as he stood on them. He pushed open Katie's room, and walked in. Katie and Nancy hadn't lived with their parents for a while. So just like Nancy's room, Katie's had also been turned into a guest room.

Sebastian pulled off of his t-shirt, and then started started rummaging  around for a clean one. He pulled on a grey t-shirt and then walked back down.

He walked into the kitchen to see Ellie and Nancy laughing their heads off.

"Hey Seb" Ellie said, noticing the man's arrival.

When they finally took the brownies out of the oven, the heavenly smell filled the kitchen making Sebastian smile. Nancy started cutting then brownies into squares while Sebastian and Ellie washed up.

"We should watch a film while we eat the brownies" Ellie said, as Sebastian passed her a spoon to dry.

"What do you wanna watch?" Sebastian asked.

"Princess diaries" Ellie smiled.

"Yes, I love that film. I'll put it on in a bit" Nancy said.

They all sat on the sofa in the living room watching the film on their television. With a plate of brownies on the coffee table in front of them. Nancy enjoyed the film as much as Ellie had, and Sebastian had watched it so many times with them he had grown fond for the film too.

Nancy rested her head on Sebastian shoulder, not saying anything but keeping her eyes on the film. Sebastian didn't flinch or move, but a soft smile spread on his face.

"Seb" Nancy mumbled.

"Yeah" Sebastian whispered so Ellie could still watch her film.

"I'm really tired" Nancy said, moving her head slightly to get more comfortable.

"Good Night" Sebastian chuckled quietly.

When the film had finished, Nancy was still asleep. Sebastian was pretty sure she had started to drool on his t-shirt while she was asleep but he didn't really care. Ellie had put Princess Diaries 2 on for them to watch, but the film was interrupted by the front door being unlocked.

"We're back" Nancy's mom said, shutting door.

Nancy's parents and Ellie's parents walked into the living room.

"I see Nancy left you to babysit" her mom chuckled, noticing her daughter asleep.

"It's no problem at all, Ellie's a good kid" Sebastian said.

"Well I'm happy she behaved" Ellie's mother said.

Ellie's parents left with Ellie within a few minutes. Nancy's parents left to the kitchen, leaving Nancy and Sebastian with Princess Diaries 2 playing on the tv.

"Hey, wake up" Sebastian whispered, making Nancy move slightly.

"Nancy, wake up" Sebastian said, making Nancy groan in response.

"Why'd you wake me up?" She asked, moving her head away from his shoulder.

"Because Ellie is gone" Sebastian said.

"Where?" Nancy asked, worried.

"No, no. Her parents came and picked her up" Sebastian said.

"Oh, Okay" Nancy said.

"We should probably go then" Nancy said, stretching her arms.

"I'm kind of hungry. Do you wanna get some food?" He asked.

"Mmm, yeah. I'm hungry too" Nancy said, standing up.

"Mom, dad. We're leaving now" Nancy said, pulling her coat on.

"Okay, thanks for babysitting tonight" her mom said, walking out of the kitchen.

"No problem" Nancy said.

The pair said their proper goodbyes before walking out into the cold, in the search of somewhere to eat.