Flying

TJ's POV

"Nope. No way." I scoffed as Harry raised his eyebrows at me. "You're out of your mind if you think I'm going over there, Styles."

"Oh come on, ya big baby." He laughed as he held his hand out to me. "Just come with me."

Harry and I had been spending the day exploring Chicago, visiting various tourist attractions, and we were now standing on the observation deck of the Sears Tower while Harry tired to convince me to stand on the glass floor with him and look down 110 stories beneath our feet.

I wouldn't say I was someone who was particularly afraid of heights, but I'd like to think that no sane person would stand at the top of a building on a glass platform and not worry about falling through. Of course, Harry found my hesitance utterly amusing and had been on my case about it for the past ten minutes, now making it his mission to get me onto that stupid floor.

"No!" I said firmly, but I couldn't stop the small laugh from escaping me as he just stood there smirking at me. "Stop looking at me like that."

"Teej, it's fine. Look." He said as he stepped across the threshold and stood on the glass floor, as if proving his point. "It's not gonna break."

"Too bad, I thought I might finally be rid of you." I replied, shooting him a fake smile.

"Well in that case, maybe I should do a little tap dance." He said as he began shuffling his feet and making way more movement than seemed safe for the surface he was standing on.

"Oh my god, stop!" I said, unable to hide my worry as I reached over and grabbed his arm, my heart starting to race.

"Ahhhh, it appears someone might not want me to plummet to my death after all." He laughed.

"Shut up and get off there, you're freaking me out." I said, tugging at his arm.

"I will get off as soon as you come stand with me."

"Well I hope you like it over there because I guess you live there now." I laughed as he threw his head back in exasperation.

"Come on! Stop being so difficult. Face your fears, Teej! Don't be sucha baby!"

"I'm not a baby! I am a perfectly sane person, unlike some people." I scoffed.

"Do you have any idea how many people have stood on this thing? You really think they'd let people stand on it if it wasn't safe? Come on, I'll hold your hand. Give me ten seconds." He said, holding his hand out to me.

He stood there looking at me, and I knew him well enough to know he wasn't about to give up any time soon. I closed my eyes and sighed, my stubbornness winning over because the last thing I wanted was to give him anything else he could hold over my head.

"Fuck, fine." I sighed.

I took a deep breath as I looked over at him, more scared than I wanted to admit, but he knew me too well and the look in his eye softened as he looked back at me.

"I got you, I won't let you fall." He said softly. "Promise."

I hesitantly took his hand and stepped toward him, ready to ease myself in, before he yanked me forward and pulled me into him.

My body crashed into his as he wrapped his arms around me and held me in place, both of my feet practically stomping onto the glass beneath us before I even realized what had happened. The laugh that escaped him let me know he was amused with himself as he made sure I couldn't run away.

"I hate you so much." I whined as I buried my head in his chest, every second feeling like an hour as we stood there while he chuckled into my ear.