Arc 1.9

Author's Note:

Nahhhhhh, just kidding with ya! (ノ^ヮ^)ノ*:・゚✧

You guys truly deserve an extra chapter for sticking with me, encouraging me, and waiting patiently for me to finish my exams, so I'm doing a double post today (though I meant to post this earlier but I fell asleep before I could >.>)!

After this chapter, we're pretty much half-way there! Isn't that exciting? I know it is for me because it's taking me forever to write the whole thing.

Since finals are done and over with and I have the next couple of weeks of no responsibilities, I'm going to try and finish arc 1 in a week!!

Fighto!!! \\\└('ω')┘////

...--------...

You see, Chao Heng is a brat. A two-faced, smug, arrogant, big-mouthed, cowardly, annoying little brat, but a brat nonetheless and that is why Alex is finding herself hesitant in confronting the other about her test scores.

Oh no, the irritating slag still deserves a punch in the throat, but thinking about it, and once again using the rocket scientist and third-grade test analogy, is there anything really prideful about her scores? For someone like her, who has a master and a bachelor degree in biochemistry, boasting about having high scores on a high-school level exam would really be shameless, ah! She'll admit being shameless about a lot of things (which includes free food, free lodging, and anything that has to do with the word 'free'), but she's a 26-year-old adult competing against a 17-year-old kid! It's rather embarrassing to think about.

With all the air blown out from her excitement, Alex calmly makes her way to her old classroom since the dismissal bell has rung and Bai Yang will most likely stick around waiting for her to finish her meeting with the Headmaster.

Along the way, she ignores the stares and whispers that started up once again and can't help but sigh in irritation once she realizes that a crowd is following behind her once again. Obviously, they want to know the results of her exit and entrance exams but Alex doesn't indulge them in their inquiries despite the constant pestering. She's under no obligation to tell them anything, even if it means they'll leave her alone once she gives in to them. Then again, she has a feeling it will actually be the opposite.

By the time she makes it to 2-A, there is a large crowd of students shadowing her every move, some even shoving as Alex enters into the room without looking back at her new followers and zeroes in on Bai Yang—who is amazingly keeping his ground against Chao Heng.

That arrogant slag is once again trying to bother her kid, but Bai Yang will not let himself be bullied once again.

It's a wonder what having a friend means for someone's self-confidence.

"—I-I bet you everything that Alex did amazing! And—And you have to take back every you have said about her!" Bai Yang nearly shouts, obviously indignant and angry on her behalf.

She feels warmth blooming in her chest and a goofy grins growing on her face. Bai Yang has a good temperament and rarely does he get angry at anything or anyone but to know that he is crossed for her sake feels really good. Better than scoring a 97 on that infamous exit exam. Alex is practically skipping her way to her angel's side when Chao Heng's surly voice unsurprisingly ruins her good mood.

"And what can you wager, Yang'er?" Chao Heng sneers as he leans towards Bai Yang. Though Bai Yang is physically taller, he still has a habit of hunching into himself so it almost looks as if Chao Heng is looking down at him. "You don't have anything that I want or that I can't get myself. Unless you want to put that impudent mouth of yours to good use instead."