Chapter Forty Two|| I have a proposal

{Aurora's POV}

Weeks passed and everything eventually died down. So many reporters showed up right after the whole Charles thing happened, it was unbelievable. No one could believe for the first time in years that a previous king was locked away.

Jackson and I finally had more times for ourselves and he eventually brought me becoming Luna up. Which is where I found myself today.

I was minutes away from being luna. Today was a big day for the pack. A big day for me.

"Nervous?" Jackson asked as we neared the church within the pack that held celebrations and traditions such as this.

"A little." I admitted.

"Don't be." Jackson said and I could help but snort. "I have to slice my hand open and join our blood together. That's not necessarily fun." I said and he chuckled.

"It won't hurt. Are you scared of a little knife." He teased.

"Oh shut up. I've handled much worse than that. I just don't like the idea of it." I said and he threw his arm around me.

"I know, love. Im just teasing."

We made our way to the back door of the church and headed in. My wolf's hearing picked up the commotion of the pack as we walked down the halls of the huge church. There was no telling how many people it could fit.

"Ready?" Jackson asked as we came to a door.

I gave him a reassuring smile and he pulled open the door walking out first.

I followed behind him and the pack's conversations died down when they noticed us on the stage in front of them.

"Today is a big day." Jackson declared and the church let out wolf howls and cheers.

I laughed and Jackson looked over his pack with a smile on his face. He cared so much for them, it's amazing.

"Today Aurora will be accepted as your luna." His voice boomed and once again people cheered and clapped.

My heart sped up as he motioned me forwards and I went to stand beside him.

"Im more than happy to finally accept Aurora as Luna. This is something i've wanted since I laid eyes on her. She's strong and brave and is going to be one hell of a luna. Hell, I think she even scares me sometimes." He joked and laughter filled the room and I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Do you accept the Luna title?"

"I do." I said and he smiled as everyone howled and cheered.

I watched as he grabbed a knife off the table before him. A bowl sat dead center and another knife was in front of me. I took a deep breath before grabbing it.

"As we join our blood we not only are joining Aurora as luna. We are finally joining completely as a pack." He spoke and it was silent as he sliced his hand and I took a deep breath before doing the same.

I winced at the burn, but it quickly dulled and I held my hand over the bowl as did Jackson.

The second our blood mixed everything just hit me like a brick.

The link of the pack was the worst part I knew, but it was just so much.

Jackson noticed and grabbed my shoulders to steady me.

"I.. I'm good." I noted after a moment and he smiled and grabbed my hand holding it up.

"Your new luna!" He let go clapping with the others and I smiled looking around.

This is my pack.

My life.

When I looked back at Jackson my heart dropped.

He was on one knee and holding a black box that contained a beautiful diamond ring.

"I can't express how much I love you. I could sit here and say a whole speech at how perfect you are, how strong you are, or how lucky I am. But I won't. I think you have a pretty good idea at that." He said and I laughed thinking of all the times he made me feel so happy and strong.

"I love you, Aurora, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?" He asked and I let out a small laugh.

"Of course I will."

He stood up quickly and pulled me into his embrace crashing his lips upon mine.

When he pulled back a silly smile was on my face.

"I love you too." I told him and the whole pack was going insane with screaming and cheering.

He grinned grabbing my left hand and slid the ring onto my ring finger.

Well...I was not expecting this.

***

We walked around greeting pack members here and there. People congratulated us and I smiled replying kindly to each of them.

It's crazy that before I came here I hated human contact and speaking to people in general... and now I'm luna of a pack and greeting everyone willingly. I wanted to, I wanted this, I wanted this life, and now I have that perfect life I dreamed of.

I made have had a rough start, but that doesn't mean I won't pass the finish line.

"Ready to head home?" Jackson asked and I nodded deciding it would be nice to get away from the all commotion.

He chuckled pulling me towards the exit with a smirk.

I think he had other intentions.

"You're mine tonight." He said looking back at me with a knowing grin.

"Im yours tonight." I winked and his eyes widened slightly.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah."

The second we were home he dragged me to our room.

He walked us in slamming the door behind him and mashed his lips to mine hungrily. I liked this Jackson. He's been... bold today.

"I love you." He mumbled against them.

"I love you too." I replied responding just as passionately. That's the thing about Jackson. I knew for the moment we met eyes I was in for a heck of a ride. I knew I'd change by being around him and at first I hated it with a passion, but now I couldn't be more happy.

I loved him, and I would give myself over to him over and over again if that made him just as happy.

__________________________________________

OH SNAP

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE