Integration By Emotional Torture//Travelyn//

Katelyn sat in the single chair in the bare room, biting back a smirk that threatened to dance on the corner of her lips. Lets just say; she wasnt scared of the authorities all too much.

Actually, she found there tries to make her talk quite humorous. She knew itd take them everything in their power to make her talk, which, most likely wouldnt work. In her mind, she was unbreakable, impenetrable; a stonewall per se. No one could touch her, for she was a freight train ready to destroy anything that dares to lie in its path. She had confidence, and that confidence fuelled her arrogant nature to the brim. But, she did have a weakness, a weakness that could rip her to shreds if anyone risk to use it against her. And thats what Officer Brokers exact plan was.

Not knowing how shed react, Officer. Derek sent in the one thing she ever loved, her best friend. Travis.

Travis was Katelyns family. Hell, the whole gang was her family! They took her in after her father left and her mother turned into a worthless alcoholic.

Hey Katelyn. Travis sat in the plastic seat opposite of her.

Oh thank God youre here Trav! I was gonna die of boredom! She responded, excitedly. For she thought that he was here to save her from the veil of boredom this plain room had cast upon her.

Heh. Travis scratched the back of his neck. You dont understand, do you? He slightly shook his head and peered up at her. His greenish-grey eyes dead with no emotion. In unforeseen anguish, Katelyn feels a lump clog her throat. Dont understand what? She questioned, bewildered by his statement.

Ill tell you if you tell me where its at. Katelyn frantically shook her head; for she knew better than to fall for his tricks. Anyway, she sensed that the fuzz did something to Travis to make him come in here and pry it out of her.

C'mon, Im always here for you. He pressured.

I cant and I wont. She stubbornly crossed your arms and leaned back in the car, pouting like a child. Travis sighed profoundly and glanced back at the fogged window, making an expression on his face that Katelyn couldnt make out with the side point-of-view she had. Turning back around, Travis faced Katelyn with grim eyes, but a giant smile plastered across his face. To Katelyn, he looked like a zombie, he looked What was the word? Katelyn pondered and stared at him intently.

Cadaverous. Katelyn decided. He looked cadaverous.

What happened? Travis bent over the table, getting closer to her.

I cant tell you; Ive said this to you already. She replied, mocking his actions. Travis solely pursed his lips and irritability muttered someone inaudible under his breath. Katelyn still sitting there glanced at the window. Two shadows stood there, one with broad shoulders, the other lanky. You know. Travis spoke up. We never liked you. All you were, was a little girl scared on the streets, and we took you in.

Katelyn didnt know what to say to this, she had no smart remark, no taunting laugh. For once in Katelyns life, someone managed to shut her up.

And then you started doing this, robbing gas stations, shoplifting, getting into fights that never included you. He continued. That night you took on that soc, and I came and saved you. There was a doubt in my mind, and I thought: Maybe if I let her be she might die, and Ill get rid of this burden.

His words pierced through Katelyns heart and tore it out. All of the sudden it hurt to breathe and her hands shook with fear of what was coming next. Just sayin I know how you feel inside, how much you honestly hate yourself.

Shut up. She clenched her jaw and sent him a warning look. But he kept going.

So you do all of those things that cause you to come here. You hate yourself so much that it eats at you, and you dont try to change because itll show how small and vulnerable you truly are. He paused and swallowed a knot in his throat. Youre nothing Katelyn. Not-. He was cut off by Katelyns uproar.

SHUT UP! Katelyn screamed and jumped up from her seat, the handcuffs making her unable to move freely.You sound just like her! Tears now flooded her eyes, and her cheeks hollowed. And you promised, you promised that youd never–. She cut herself off, not able to finish the sentence.

Travis who still had an emotionless expression on his face stood up from his seat. Things change. He placed his hand on hers. Katelyn gazed down at his hand. Youre my only family, the gangs my family. She squeezed his hand. Youre all I got.

And thats where the problem is. Travis raised his hand from hers and eloquently said: Theyre my family; youre not. The feeling of betrayal and grief rapidly flew through Katelyn as she lowered herself back into the plastic chair, shocked of what just had happened.

The speaker that hung in the corner of the room droned and a monotone voice announced: "Travis Valkrum, come to the front office. Your friends are here to pick you up, your work here is done. Travis peered at Katelyn one more time before muttering two words. Two words that made everything click. Im sorry, He murmured before leaving the bare room. His eyes filling with regretful tears as he shut the door behind him.

Katelyn reclined in the plastic chair and smirked. Every word that came out of his mouth was utter bullshit. She knew the fuzz forced him to say those things. She knew it. About 10 minutes later the Officer Derek came in. Hello Katelyn. He flatly waved and sat in the chair across from her; the seat Travis previous occupied. Are you ready to talk?" Katelyn smirked, the mockery sly smirk she was famous for and scooted closer to the table, getting as close as she could to the officers face.

"Nope.

//Word count : 1024//