fourteen.

jeongguk went inside areum's place, searching everywhere, but he still hasn't found her. he still hasn't checked one room, it was her bedroom. he silently walked to where her room is, opening the door abruptly. his eyes widened at what he just saw.

a person in a cat mask held areum in her arms, in the most uncomfortable position, as she was holding the knife near her neck. it was dark, but the moon lit the room dimly. the suspect's eyes sparkled under the moonlit sky. she didn't talk, she just looked at him with no emotions evident in her eyes. it felt as if she was staring in his soul.

areum was sobbing, shaking her head as if to say 'don't come near me.'

"i-i called the cops on you! now let her go!" he stammered, but still tried to look as if he's not scared. the suspect's still not fazed.

although, she let go of areum and jumped out of the window, not sparing a glance at the boy.

he immediately rushed to areum who's now on the ground, sobbing. she's probably shocked of what had just happened. jeongguk held the girl in his arms, now in a comforting matter. it helped a little bit.

the door was then slammed open.

"i had a call saying that a criminal was here?" a cop said, making jeongguk look at them, nodding. "she got away, out of that window," he stated, pointing at the window that was wide open.

an investigator went inside. "may i talk to the victim?" he asked the boy. "can't you see that she's fazed and in shock of what just happened?!?" he shouted at the man standing in front of him. the man was standing calmly with his hands on his back, but was at shock of his sudden outburst.

"i beg my pardon."

-

a/n;;

oof-. cat mask? ring a bell?