Loki Laufeyson - I'm Leaving

"I'm leaving."

Loki try's not to move from his position on the bed as the door slowly opens and then shuts a moment later.

He doesn't need to look to know who it is. You just a being there proved it was you. "Loki?" You say quietly, but he doesn't answer and keeps his breathing steady and slow trying not to give away that he was awake.

"You're probably asleep and aren't listening, but I just." Loki's bed dips as you climb on, careful not to move and wake him. "I'm leaving, it's just -" You sigh, and Loki can tell that you're nervous your hands running through your hair. "I can't do this anymore, the missions, the fights. I just want to live a normal life with a normal family maybe with a dog or bunny and with two kids one girl and one boy and the boy being older to look after his little sister."

A tear slides down Loki's face and he just wanted to jump out of his place and beg you to let him come and be apart of his life, but he knew how selfish that would be. "I love you, I really do Loki. But I can't, I can't do this anymore."

"There," You breathe, sounding relieved. "I said it. Okay? I know you can't here me but, don't wait for me. Forget me and find someone else, someone who will read with you and show you the world and someone you can take to all the realms; and - be happy, just be happy my love." You cut yourself off and sniffle, wiping tears streaking down your cheeks and lay a kiss upon his head.

"May we meet again, Loki Laufeyson ." It's dead silent when you leave, and Loki jumps off the bed and stomps out to the hall way.

Clenching his fists, he screws his eyes shut and breathes in deeply to keep himself from running after you.

But that doesn't work for long and soon he's up and searching the tower, running around like a mad man. At some point, he comes across Thor, who looks out of place as he fiddles with his fingers.

Loki asks where you had gone, and Thor answers sadly, "She's gone."And he's right, because that had been the last time he saw heard from you.

Ten years later he was on a mission in New York when he saw you in a park with what he guessed was a eight year old boy and a seven year old girl, they looked exactly like you. The boy more so, h/c hair and gorgeous e/c eyes. And the little girl looked more like the man that was stood happily at the side of you, long h/c hair and e/c eyes.

You and the man were laughing at something one of you had said and you looked so in love, the way your eyes glistened when you looked at each other broke his heart.

You were his world now your someone else's and what hurt most was that he still loved you and now you have a family; a family you both could have raised.

*

Word Count: 534