Sharp Knifes Reside In Fluffy Paws //Garrissa//

"I am so sorry" Melissa Lycan growled, panic in her rattling voice as she  frantically pulled emergency supplies out of a nearby compartment. Her  claws clacked heavily on the metal floor. Garroth watched her go, hand  pressed over the slashes that marred his side. "I will sing to your Captain and give my life-"
Her massive hands shook as she pulled out a frankly alarming amount of medical goods out of the compartment. "It was an accident," Garroth told her genially. Frankly, he was surprised it  hadn't happened sooner. Humans were pretty squishy compared to the big, long furred wolves that made up Melissas race. "Is there a regen device in there? These arent really deep enough to need stitches but  they kind of hurt."
Melissa froze, staring at him. Her expression was hard to read but her tail lashed, a sure sign of confusion.stitches? She questioned carefully. "Used to....sew?"
"Yeah," Garroth nodded. When she didnt move any closer, he reached for the med box,  prompting a flurry of activity from his friend." Do not move more than you have to! She scolded him fiercely. I have called the medic- there is still a chance to save you!"
"What?" Garroth said blankly. He looked down at the gashes in his side, unpleasant, but had gotten worse trying to wrangle a specimen into a cage." No- no Melissa, unless you have venom in your claws, I'll heal up fine." She stared at him like he had sprouted a second head." heal?" She queried,  tale lashing more than ever. " I do not know this word. What does it mean?" Since she didnt seem  ready to stop him, Garroth grabbed a packet of gauze and pressed it over the sluggishly-bleeding cuts. "You know, when you get injured? If its not fatal, it'll mend itself over time." She was still staring, and a thunder of footsteps announced the human medic, case in hand, pounding in through the door.
"Melissa said you were dying," the man said before he got a good look at Garroth, sprawled against the wall but very much alive. "What happened?" "I clawed him," Melissa said sadly. "He seems to have lost his mind to the blood loss." "Im okay, Doc," Garroth could speak for himself and thought his friend was overreacting. She barely grazed me. Its mostly stopped bleeding. "The death is near", the lizard intoned sadly. "When the blood stops coming, it will not be long." Doc looked up at her in blank astonishment, and then cursed roundly. "I keep forgetting your bodies dont repair themselves without magic when you get hurt," he said, a smile starting to grow. " Melissa, you know those plastics you have that mend themselves when they get damaged?" His hands worked briskly, checking to make sure Garroth wasnt underestimating  his injuries, (ONE time and the doctors never believed you again) decided he was alright, and set to cleaning them, making Garroth hiss.
"Yes"? Melissa said cautiously, watching them.
"Human bodies do the same, provided it wasn't lethal to begin with, and barring illness." Doc explained. Deciding it was clean enough, he smeared ointment over the cuts and pressed a bandage over it all.  "You'll be fine, kid. Try to avoid the pointy bits next time."" It  was my fault, I startled her," Garroth shrugged, prompting a whining noise of protest from Melissa. He raised a hand to stop her. "Listen to Doc.  Give me a few days and I'll show you. We heal up quick."
"Just keep them clean and stop by in a week to let me take a look," Doc said cheerfully. He stuffed everything back into his kit and stood, dusting off his hands. Melissa looked like she had been hit in the head, and he patted her scaled shoulder. " Caution me to bring this up at the next pack meeting, he instructed them both. Your pack should probably know what ACTUALLY constitutes a lethal injury for one of us. I am starting to think the answer is NOTHING", the big werewolf said, tail finally stilling. Garroth stood and rolled his shoulders and she  watched him carefully. "You eat everything, want to make a pet of anything that doesn't immediately try to eat you- and some things that do-  and now you tell me that you can shake off terrible injuries! I am starting to understand why most everyone fears you Furless Cubs!"
// WORD COUNT : 741 //
I'm sorry if the speech pronunciation does not appear it does this something.