XLVIII. Pregnant?

~~~~~~~I remember going off that day in fear that I was pregnant

~~~~~~~
I remember going off that day in fear that I was pregnant. Then I remembered my condition and how I couldn't get pregnant for some reason...and it calmed me down. But still, I was still cautious of the situation. I also needed to get checked for any other STDs or God forbid HIV. God...I was never getting drunk again after this scare.
~
//10:34 PM//

"I gotta few questions" I said, following Redd to sit on the couch with her. "Do you have a pregnancy test or recommend a good brand? Don't tell ma but last night–"

"Don't tell me what?" Ma coincidentally walked down the steps in her slippers and her arm on her hip.

I sighed dramatically and grabbed my face. God I was stressing over this.

"What's going on? I deserve to know since I am your mother, sweetie" she came down entirely to stand over us.

"I'm scared I might be pregnant ok and...I don't know the would be father closely. He's a complete stranger that I woke up next to this morning after going to the bar and getting drunk last night. I just...didn't want you to know because...that's kind of embarrassing. I did something trashy"

"Rowan, I'm not here to judge you. I had one night stands all the time– all protected of course but that's not point. So...you went out and got drunk then woke up in his house this morning?"

"Yes and with...his shit still lingering between my legs too"

"Sss..." Redd hissed. "Yeah I think you should take a pregnancy test...not to scare you or anything. Having babies are not as bad as you think" Redd shrugged.

"Don't listen to her, Amani was an angel and that's the only reason she's so holy about having a child. Not every child...is difficult but most of them are. Did you get this guy's number and name in case he is daddy?"

"Yes but please don't call him that–Jesus, I really feeling sick to my stomach..."

"You knocked up, sis..."

"Redd chill with that, you see she's about to have a heart attack. Look honey, if you are...you are but it's way too soon to know right now. It takes a week or so to know if you are through a test. So if you took it right now, you would come up negative because your body hasn't...showed signs yet. Also his sperm could take up to 5 days or instantly to find your eggs. I just think you should give it a week, I'll even take you to the hospital if you're not comfortable with the at home tests"

"Thanks mom" I smiled. "And...there's one more thing. I never got into...my condition with both of you before. I guess I just eased it towards the back of my head and forgot about it. So...for the past three years me and Roy, my ex, were trying for a baby. And before the time I was kidnapped, I went to the doctor where they pronounced me infertile due to unknown causes. So after years of...trying, I still couldn't conceive. Maybe I shouldn't be as worried about him actually doing anything if Roy couldn't" I shrugged.