𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

CHAPTER TWENTY NINE( lightwolf, part ii )

CHAPTER TWENTY NINE
( lightwolf, part ii )

"Are you ready?" Magnus asked the two Shadowhunters. The three looked at the barrier before walking through at the same time—Clary arrived alone in the field, while Jace and Magnus ended up in a room with Jax, who was already strapped to a chair. 

"Ah great, goldilocks is back," the werewof said with distaste.

"Come on, man, you could at least pretend like you're actually thrilled to see me," Jace said with a roll of his eyes, only to squeak when suddenly he and Magnus were both tied up as well and made invisible by the warlock's magic. "What in the name of the angel.." Jace grumbled as he tried to break free of the bonds. 

Jax rolled his eyes, "Oh, please, stop being so dramatic."

"You're one to talk, drama queen," Jace shot back with a glare. "At least I'm not the one who jumped ten feet in the air and almost light the Institute on fire when he saw a spider."

"That fucking eight-legged of an abomination was looking at me like he wanted to—"

"Will you both shut up?!" Magnus yelled as he glared intimidatingly at them—well, as intimidating as he could with glitter on his hair. "I haven't had my sixth shot of vodka today, I am not in the right state of mind to deal with this. Now you both keep your sexy lips shut and I might not incinerate you."

"Instead of doing that, why don't you use your fancy magic to bibbidi-bobbidi-boo us out of these binds hm?"

"Do I look like I'm a fairy godmother—"

"Guys, you know what, I actually broke out of them fifteen minutes ago," Jax said as he released his free hands from his back, which he had been pretending was tied up all along. He didn't know whether Magnus and Jace looked like they were glad or wanted to slap him in the face with a chair. "What? I was just humoring you," Jax said innocently.

Jax didn't get a chance to find out as a warlock he assumed to be Ragnor fell to the ground with Clary hovering on top of him. He cheered for her, clapping his hands despite knowing that the red head couldn't hear him.

"Well done, Clary Fairchild. I've been expecting you. You have Jocelyn's talent I see. Only a true artist would notice the subtle change in my eyes," Ragnor said as he led Clary into the room they were on.

"Subtle? There was nothing subtle about that at all," Jax scoffed.

"Yeah and you really need to work on not moving your eyes," Magnus added, narrowing his eyes at his friend.