Chapter 62

Hey guys! 

Because the last chapter took so long to upload, I have decided to write/publish another one for you all today. I hope you all enjoy, thank you for reading!

***

Jennifer's POV - 

Draco has no idea of the plans that I've made. He doesn't know what I've decided to do if he leaves me, and I intend to keep it that way. He shouldn't be tied to me only because he's concerned for my safety. I've come to the conclusion that whatever happens, it should happen for the right reasons.

The torment I receive in the halls has reduced, but it's still there - instead of getting screeched at or hexed while trudging from Potions to Charms, my peers only stare at me coldly, or just pretend that I don't exist. There was even one fourth year who broke down into tears at the mere sight of me during lunch break, and had to be escorted from the great hall by Professor McGonagall. 

I want to scream to the world, let them know that I wasn't the one who killed the two students. It wasn't me - it was Blu. It was Voldemort. I never wanted to hurt them. 

There's a funeral for Blu and Kyle held toward the middle of May, and in attempt to take away my tough decision of whether or not to go, Dumbledore calls me into his office just as the event commences. 

He sits behind his claw-foot desk, appearing rather solemn and emotionless. His fingers are interwoven between each other, the one adorning the ring as black as ash. 

I fidget with my bare bracelet as I approach him, no tinkling noise sounding to comfort me anymore. I haven't spoken with Dumbledore since he told me to leave the scene at which the bodies were found - what if he's changed his mind? What if he thinks that I really did kill Blu and Kyle? Am I going to get expelled?

I shift uncomfortably into the seat across from him, and notice something that I hadn't before.

Harry Potter is sitting directly to my side, in another chair almost identical to mine. 

My heart starts to pound viciously. I don't ever recall talking to Harry before - we've never had a reason to interact. I'm almost positive that he knows of my involvement with Draco, though, and that he despises me for it. 

"Hello, Jennifer." Dumbledore says. His presence is gentle, and I relax the slightest bit.

"Hello, Professor."

He gestures towards the boy with the scar. "This, as I am sure you already know, is Harry Potter. I don't believe that you two have been introduced before, have you?"

I look at Harry, and he looks back at me. His eyes are filled with an emotion that I can't identify. 

"No, we haven't." I say. "It's nice to meet you, Harry."

He shakes my outstretched hand, gives a solemn nod and a quick smile that looks more like a spasm of the lip. 

"You too."

"Well," the headmaster continues, "I have been working with Harry here for quite awhile, just as I have been working with you in recent times, Jennifer. Harry has his own service to provide to the Order of the Phoenix, just as you do. I was pondering a few evenings ago, and I realized that the two of you would work very well together."